I fantasize about being a woman, and am one on-line.

When I was very young I would sort of fantasize about being a woman. It went away during my pre-teens and all through my teens. Around my mid 20's the fantasies started to come back and have never really left. I'm a straight male and still am interested in women sexually and relationship-wise. At the same time I was always shy and a loner. I've had 1 girlfriend and been on maybe 3 other dates. But I'm not here to seek advice on meeting someone. I'm just giving background.

Around my mid-20's I started to abandon the whole "I'm a guy so I can only like guy things." idea out of the window. This started with basic stuff like music and movies and TV shows. Then I started to buy and wear panties sometimes. They feel great. I'm not interested in dressing in drag though. The only other womens clothes I've bought are sleep clothes like sleep shorts, shirts and pajamas.

I'm not interested in transitioning. I don't want to not be a guy permanently. I just wish I could live another life as a woman and come back to my current life when I want. I fantasize about being a woman almost all the time I have to just daydream or think of stuff. I like to imagine myself in a lesbian relationship. I even have a narrative going on about me and the imaginary girlfriend.

I've been always playing as a female in games where you can create your character, or have female characters to play as. I get so much enjoyment out of it. Fable 2, The Sims,etc...... I started playing on-line as a female. I know it's widely known among people who play games on-line that guys will often play as female characters, but I go the extra mile with the way I chat and things I say and the way I act to appear to be genuinely female. I think I've become good at it because I know I've fooled both guys and girls. I even join the chat channels on Discord outside of the games and still fool them.

I tried to get a voice changer working so I could voice act as a female, but it's tricky to be convincing with voice changers unless your voice is naturally on the softer side. I seem to be convincing enough with just chat text.

I'm not trying to get into any relationships with anyone. I keep things fairly anonymous and don't flirt. I don't ask personal details. I just try to keep the facade of me being a female going. The goal isn't to get into some kind or on-line relationship, it's to just appear to be female. So I'd like to think I can't be accused of "cat-fishing". I keep my relationships as fantasy that I imagine.

I'm just talking about it I guess. I'm afraid I'm not asking for advice really. I just wanted to talk about it. I don't think the topic fit in any other forum.

Well, these days, you can be what you're want to be. You can dress any way you want to at home, and if you want to occasionally go out dressed as a woman, you can do that too. There are bars devoted to walks on the wild side. It's usually best if you have a woman friend who will take you out and can keep guys from picking you up. It's a cheap thrill and usually no harm, no foul. But again, as long as you don't hurt anyone, anything you want to do in these regards is OK.

If your daydreams start to get too much or start taking over your life, you might want to seek some counselling. But as long as you keep it fairly innocent, then it's a harmless kink.

Don't be like Caitlin and wait until you're in your 60's to be who you want to be. Be who you want to be, in real life, now. If this is what you want, and who you want to be, you'll likely benefit from talking to a therapist or someone objective, to help you let go of what you possibly feel is a stigma involved in a transition.

Life is short. Live it how you want to live it, now.

It's fine to be a straight cross-dresser. What's not fine is catfishing, tricking and deceiving innocent people for your fantasies.

I've fooled both guys and girls. I even join the chat channels on Discord outside of the games and still fool them.I just try to keep the facade of me being a female going.

I have to agree with Wiseman. You sound like someone who would carry a whole online relationship with some poor sap as a "woman" while claiming that you're camera doesn't work etc. There is nothing innately wrong with how you feel or your fantasy, but keep other people out it.

It's fine to be a straight cross-dresser. What's not fine is catfishing, tricking and deceiving innocent people for your fantasies.

I have to agree with Wiseman. You sound like someone who would carry a whole online relationship with some poor sap as a "woman" while claiming that you're camera doesn't work etc. There is nothing innately wrong with how you feel or your fantasy, but keep other people out it.

Was this part of my post somehow missed?

I'm not trying to get into any relationships with anyone. I keep things fairly anonymous and don't flirt. I don't ask personal details. I just try to keep the facade of me being a female going. The goal isn't to get into some kind or on-line relationship, it's to just appear to be female. So I'd like to think I can't be accused of "cat-fishing". I keep my relationships as fantasy that I imagine.

I'd like to think there's a difference between what I'm doing and "catfishing".

Archived