Having A Small Disagreement With Partner

Michael12345

My partner and I are in a long-distance relationship. Things are nice overall. We're even going to meet this summer.

I have an issue with something she does, however. It's something we've argued about several times. She likes to go into a chatroom and exchange sexual banter (some of which can be explicit) with people. Some of the guys she does this with are clearly looking for romance. (In fact, this is the same chatroom where she and I met.) I don't believe for one second that she would ever cheat on me or that she's looking for other guys. I know she only does it for fun. I've tried to accept it as harmless fun, but it hurts regardless whenever I see her exchange sexual banter with others.

I don't care if she has guy friends, and if her chatting was non-sexual I wouldn't care. I've explained that it makes me feel bad and I asked her to stop.

Is it wrong of me to ask her to stop?

This is the main conflict between us and things would be great if we could resolve this.

You two haven't met, so you're dating the idea of someone and this idea is one who seeks attention from multiple men online. I don't know how serious this relationship is but again, you two haven't met yet so whether or not you have a right to be jealous is for the both of you to decide.

You two are so far in a pen pal kind of friendship. If you meet in person and date regularly in person pull see if yo Oreo should pride a romantic relationship. She is already telling you who she is. She values male attention including from complete strangers and values sexual attention. Now she might agree to stop if you two start a romantic and committed relationship in person but understand that this is what she enjoys or she wouldn’t do it.

She also is choosing to continue even though it bothers you. Take that as a sign of her priorities and values.

It's not wrong to ask anything. There are a couple of problems with that approach however. If she says no, now you have another decision to make. If she says yes, to appease you, but really doesn't want to, she will resent you.

Instead of asking, just tell her you can't accept her behaviour. Be clear you're not judging her behaviour. You will have to live with what she decides. Either accept it, or don't. Don't accept it grudgingly, you'll just resent her in the long run.

Unfortunately you've never met so at this point you don't know if it's a scammer, catfish, hooker, etc. Get out of that chatroom and end things. Instead invest your time in dating apps meeting real-life, local real girls in person.

We're even going to meet this summer. She likes to go into a chatroom and exchange sexual banter. this is the same chatroom where she and I met.

Archived