An ex and Pregancy

Louiseware

I wanted to know should I ever tell my ex that I had an abortion . I had found out that I was pregnant and I gave him a paper from the doctor he took it and hours later he balled it up and said don't put his name on nothing until I found out that it was his. Well I got rid of it and I feel good about my decision. Well anyways I saw him with a new girl at the park and he packed up and left when he saw me. It was crazy. I wanted to know if I should say something or make his ass sweat since he did me wrong. I feel ok with it . He has a tendency to stop talking to me and then months later start talking to me again. well not this time. We been in and out of this mess for 11 years. I need advice..help

You need to never talk to him again. You got rid of “it” (ugh I hate the way you worded that) and from the sounds of it he didn’t care either way, and as another poster said I highly doubt he was preparing to pay for child support. You’re just looking for a way to open contact back up. Leave him alone

Interesting replies... I disagree!

Regardless of your feelings for him, or his feelings for the baby, or how he treated you, he has the right to know, IMO. These types of things have a way of niggling in the back of people’s minds for years or even decades - and it was half him.

I say - take 30 seconds to send the text and THEN close the door forever. Just don’t engage in a big conversation about it. Simply “FYI - I had an abortion”. Done.

You never regret taking the high road and personally, I think NOT telling him is practically begging him to come back at some point and ask...

Interesting replies... I disagree!

Regardless of your feelings for him, or his feelings for the baby, or how he treated you, he has the right to know, IMO. These types of things have a way of niggling in the back of people’s minds for years or even decades - and it was half him.

I say - take 30 seconds to send the text and THEN close the door forever. Just don’t engage in a big conversation about it. Simply “FYI - I had an abortion”. Done.

You never regret taking the high road and personally, I think NOT telling him is practically begging him to come back at some point and ask...

She is only doing it to reestablish contact. This has nothing to do with a "high road" or she would have told him before the abortion.

That's not really something that should be written in a text. Plus he can screenshot it and send it all over, or forward it to people as revenge. Best to keep quiet because he obviously does not care for her, and she just wants to play head games.

I agree a text is not ideal - but it’s better than nothing, IMO. And really - if he screenshots it and sends it all over, who cares? It’s the truth and as long as it’s short and to the point, there’s not much to gossip about.

I’m not a fan of using this type of info for head games but I do still think he has a right to know, though.

Sorry to hear this. You have been with him 11 years? What paper from a doctor did you present him? Go no constant and pull your self respect together. You won't "make him sweat" because as he said, you can't prove it's his and he's moved on and focusing on that. You should also. Now is the time to block and delete him from everything and stop going back for more of this disrespect. You'll never keep a man with a pregnancy, sorry.

I had found out that I was pregnant and I gave him a paper from the doctor he took it and hours later he balled it up and said don't put his name on nothing until I found out that it was his.

He didn't care if the child was on it's way, I doubt he'll care if it isn't. Besides, why relieve him of any ounce of anxiety wondering?

I am always for taking the high road, but I don't know telling him you terminated the pregnancy and he has no further responsibility applies.

He didn't feel any ounce of responsibility before the fact.

The only thing that matters here is that you take care of yourself and stay clear of him.

11 years? Just be done with him already.

Archived