Ear Won't Pop Fully after Skydiving

So I went skydiving for the first time Saturday Morning, it is now Tuesday and my right ear still feels like it has not "popped" fully. I've always had a problem clearing my ears, I've been scuba diving a few times and it always takes me longer to clear them and I've had ear sinus problems while on a cruise. I have tried holding my nose and have popped them some that way, and that has helped a little, but at this point I'm wondering if there is anything I should do that may help clear my ear or if this is anything to worry about, at this point, and it will hopefully clear on its own? I am not feeling any pain, it is just more of a minor annoyance at this point. Thank you for any advice. P.S. SKYDIVING WAS AWESOME!!!!!

Repetative ear trouble here as well. I recently tried a great herbal based over the counter medicine dropper that works amazing for this problem. I forgot the name, but I got it at walgreens in the ear section. Supposed to relieve ear congestion or fullness, among other ailments. It works as directed in a couple days.

Have you ever had a workup by an ENT or consulted an allergist? Obviously there's an underlying problem if you can't clear your ears for days and it's a recurrent problem. Forcing air through the Eustachian tubes all the time and worse, they are too congested to equalize air pressure can lead to middle ear problems and further swelling. Have it worked up since it's chronic. It could be as simple as taking non sedating antihistamines, using occasional topical decongestants and using oral decongestants prior to anticipated problems involving air pressure, elevation, etc.

I've always had a problem clearing my ears and I've had ear sinus problems while on a cruise. I have tried holding my nose and have popped them some that way.

Archived