iseam

For about two years me and my best friend did everything together. We used to hang with each other all the time. He was the only person I hanged out with because I seriously enjoyed his company, and nobody else’s. My family all meet him and loved him. Everybody though we where dating and honestly I do think we liked eachother a lot but I just kept waiting for him to ask me out officially and he never did. I felt like he really liked me, but then he got a gf. Everybody was so surprised, and I was hurt. Things happened and we didn’t talk for about an year. We haven’t seen eachother and he completely left me behind for his gf. Now we are talking again like the great friends we always have been. We just completely click, in a way I’m 100% him and his gf don’t. Now I do like him but I’m not sure what to do or what will happen. I know he and his gf are having trouble. Shes always post about how he talks to other girls (me) and ignores her. She’s someone I would’ve never seen him with. He hasn’t ONCE mentioned his gf to me. And I seriously mean it, he has NEVER mentions his gf to me I found about her by other friends. I feel like he never asked me out because he thought I would reject him because I have never shown interest. But that is just how I am, i am shy and paranoid but i really did like him and i never had the courage to tell him. Part of me also thinks that he might not have liked me because of my appearance but then again he would always compliment me and encourage me. It’s all so confusing and I just want to ask. What should I do? Should I ask about his gf and see what he finally says? Should I ask him if he ever liked me? Should I ask him if he’s happy in his relationship? Or should I just continue talking to him and just ignore everything? Is what we are doing wrong?

Well, he might not have considered you anything more than a friend, but you can certainly ask how his girlfriend is doing and see what she says. It might give you the opening that you're looking for. But I wouldn't set my hopes too high. He would have asked some time ago if he wanted you to be his girlfriend.

What have you done wrong? You say you didn't enjoy anyone else's company, and made him the center of your universe. Not a good thing to do for yourself, because when he left the friendship, you were left without any friendship support system. It can also be smothering to the other person when you rely solely on them as your only friend, so in the future, expand your activities so you can meet other people who you can have fun with.

You should be learning, although it doesn't seem so, that intense opposite sex friendship have an expiration date. As you can see, once he got a gf, you got dropped like a hot potato. It's going to happen again because past behavior predicts future behavior.

He has a gf now, and whether it's a crappy relationship or not, it'd be unethical for you to tell him you're interested in him romantically. And apparently he's not very good bf material anyway, since he ignores his gf.

If it's a bf you want, set your mind to meeting single guys who are ready for what you're ready for.

I don't know about all that, but what I'm pretty sure of is that if a guy likes you, he'll get around to asking in some form or another if he likes you back. And from a morale standpoint, yes, to ask him that now, while he's in a relationship is wrong. You had your chance. However, unlike most people on this forum, it's not my job to judge what is right and wrong. You're attracted to him, I know how that feels. You need to know. Ask him, but be prepared for any consequences that might occur from it.

Imagine that you were his current girlfriend and one of his friend's starts asking him about your relationship hoping that she will be able to get a chance with him, it would hurt wouldn't it? If his relationship isn't that great, then it won't last - I would sit and wait it out until he's single again, and then pursue him.

Archived