Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing end

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by wtm78
    Last night I said I want to wait up early to have breakfast together.
    Breakfast is the only meal we can have together. This means for the last 2 years we have not had a meal together. To have a meal together I have to sacrifice and go work late.

Breakfast is the only meal we can have together. This means for the last 2 years we have not had a meal together. To have a meal together I have to sacrifice and go work late.
    So one time she didnít wake up or are you mad at all the times? Why donít you have dinner together?

Honestly, your post without more details feels really brash and a bit sexist. It sounds like you feel owed her care at breakfast time. This is why I ask for clarification.

Bronze Member
    Are you just venting your frustrations or do you want suggested solutions on how to improve your situation?

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Rihannon
    Are you just venting your frustrations or do you want suggested solutions on how to improve your situation?
    Actually, my counselor said to me that she thinks I have tried everything I could. There is nothing else I could do. The only way to improve the situation is for her to sit down with me at the counselling session. Which my wife is not picking up my counselor's call. So I guess you are right. I am venting here at enotalone. Because I feel damn freaking alone.

I still don't understand what you're angry about. You have to leave by 7, she doesnt, so why does she have to set an alarm for you?? Why does she have to get up just because you do?

You were packing a bag and I'm guessing she made you lunch and sat your lunch box on the bag you were trying to pack?? She made your lunch for you, and then you had the audacity to whine about her setting it with your stuff?? Be grateful she made you lunch!

Maybe you're just not explaining this thoroughly but based on your last response, you have nothing to be angry about but your wife sure does.

Bronze Member
    There are always two sides to these things. Maybe we don't understand your problems very well. Some of the things you said have made it sound like you are mostly upset about the fact that no one is understanding your side of things. That's a reasonable reason to be angry, if you feel like there is a problem and everyone is taking her side and no one is listening to your side. But then you said that you have gone to counseling and that your wife is not interested in participating in the counseling, and the only solution you know of is for her to go to counseling with you. You said that your counselor seems to understand your side of things. So there is one person willing to hear your side of this situation. It is not true that everyone in the world assumes the woman is always right. You might be seeing it that way. Do all your friends and family think that you are the wrong person here?

Try to pretend to be her, and tell us what you think would be her side of this story.

Do you want to try and save the marriage?

You sound a tad abusive. It's not surprising that there is a great deal of discord and mutual resentment. It's amazing she hasn't divorced you.
    It seems to me that as long as I am a guy in the marriage/long term relationship, the guy is always wrong. When my wife do something that pissed me off. If I don't tell her off, she will think there is nothing wrong and will continue to do the things that irritate me again.

Getting to work on time

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    My husband and I both set our own separate alarms and drive our own vehicles to our places of employment . And everybody worries about their own lunch .
    Hi wtm78,

What Seraphim said might be a solution. You may want to set out your clothes and make your lunch the night before so you can get out of the house earlier and get to work on time.

Getting to work on time

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    My husband and I both set our own separate alarms and drive our own vehicles to our places of employment . And everybody worries about their own lunch .
    @wtm78,

Seraphim's idea sounds like a good one. Is that practical for you? Getting to work on time is important. It is even better to arrive a little early. You may also want to consider setting out your clothes and making your lunch the night before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice