is she single

firstluvstruck

been talking to a girl from college on/off for the past many months. she travels nearly every other week for work and so there really hasn't been an opportunity to meet up (whenever I would be free she'd be in another country). well, it's been about a month since we spoke last - and in that conversation was her being down to hang out on our next days off. of course I got too busy with work.

is the only way to know if she's single/interested to make concrete plans and meet up in person? rather than asking?

You haven't even met her after many months of communication. For all you know "she" is some old guy behind a computer screen. Have you video chatted? What kind of job requires someone to travel to different countries that frequently, and why are you interested in someone who is clearly not available? Long story short: no one on an online forum can tell you if this woman is single or not. Yes, you need to meet her in person to figure out if she is even worth pursuing.

If you're interested in her and haven't spoken in a month, try striking up a casual conversation. Assuming she's open to conversation, you could ask directly or infer from your talk if she is single or not.

A guy at work asked me what my husband thought of me working then overnight shift. It was transparent but that was his way of finding out if I'm single.

But in your case, what's wrong with "So are you dating? Anyone in particular?" Why would that be so bad?

Archived