Open Club  ·  87 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

World cup 2018!!!

BecxyRex

Hi! Is anyone else into the World Cup? I'm currently streaming at work and can't wait to watch the Sunday game. Being German, I'm of course going to be cheering for them.

Who do you think will win this year?

Germany's victory over Brazil is still something I like to recall when I'm feeling down and need to cheer up ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pepe1970
Hi! Is anyone else into the World Cup? I'm currently streaming at work and can't wait to watch the Sunday game. Being German, I'm of course going to be cheering for them.

Who do you think will win this year?

Germany's victory over Brazil is still something I like to recall when I'm feeling down and need to cheer up ;)

My son is a huge fan of Bayern Munich so he'll go for Germany.

It was a good revenge for 2002 lol.

I am not into soccer but I will watch the important matches. Hope we will see some hot Russian cheerleaders

My predictions:

aa02Nsy.png

IMO, either France or Belgium. More likely France, but predicting Belgium because why not. Not rooting for either, though. My favorites:

1. Argentina (Messi deserves a WC more than any other player out there, IMO)

2. Spain (Lineage)

3. Mexico (Raised in a Mexican neighborhood and gotta represent North America since the US is out)

Germany is still very solid, but it's going to get dealt a pretty crappy hand in terms of rest days.

ETA: Just to note how amazing the Spain vs. Portugal game just was. By far the most high-level game we're going to see in the group stage this tournament due to complete **** show qualifiers were. It'd be great if it wasn't a 50/50 chance of there being a foul or just a gust of wind whenever Cristiano hit the ground.

My husband is of English descent so he always goes with 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.

I personally don’t care about sports .

Ugh Seraphim, you and I will never work out as a couple. I love sports!

Sorry, but I am going to have to move on with someone who understands that Sundays are strictly reserved for (American) football and Nascar.

I haven't watched any world cup games since my sports are American football and car racing, but we have a local minor league soccer team that I'm getting really in to. So, yay whoever wins?

Ugh Seraphim, you and I will never work out as a couple. I love sports!

Sorry, but I am going to have to move on with someone who understands that Sundays are strictly reserved for (American) football and Nascar.

I haven't watched any world cup games since my sports are American football and car racing, but we have a local minor league soccer team that I'm getting really in to. So, yay whoever wins?

Hahahahaha.

I will watch NASCAR though. That is my son’s favourite . I have been to the Michigan speedway and Daytona and this October we are going to Talledega .

Probably hate sports because my husband will watch any sport ever created by mankind for hours on end . And my father-in-law will commandeer your TV for eight hours of European soccer or longer if he could get away with it . Hence grew my immense hatred .

Woooooow. Was rooting for Mexico but didn't think they could do it. Good chance this pretty much busts my bracket completely. Assuming no other big surprises in the group, you're looking at either Germany or Brazil not making it past the Top 16.

Nooo! I mean they played well, totally deserved the win. Can't say I'm not bummed!

Mexicos goalie (what's his name?) was great! Freischuss (not sure what the English word is) shooting goals freely (?) isn't mexicos strong suit, otherwise they would've scored way more. Hope this is just a weak day for Germany.

I was so pompous last week at work, not sure I can go back!

Beautiful curler by Kroos, though. Wasn't expecting he'd go for the shot.

Flipping between the France-Denmark and Peru-Australia games in the background. It's an absolute crime Peru isn't making it to knockouts. Definitely one the most entertaining teams so far.

#Pray4Messi

I agree, great shot!

j.man, can you by any chance point me to good online streaming services? I'm not paying for any sort of TV or cable, but if I'm not successful finding anything online, I'll bite that bullet at least for the duration of the World Cup.

Hey Becxy, I pay for fubo.tv. Don't know what region of the world you're in, but it may work out. You might even be able to get a free trial.

Was very excited to see Argentina go through. Will be a crazy Round of 16 with France vs. Argentina and (potentially) Brazil vs. Germany. Looking more and more like Sweden might pull this win off and send Germany home before knockouts, though.

My fiancee's family gave me all kinds of **** in 2014 when Spain got knocked out in groups. They're Germany fans. :friendly_wink: :friendly_wink: :friendly_wink:

Archived