He was too busy, so I broke up with him via text

CBC2000

I have been in a relationship with a guy since March of this year. He is probably one the nicest people I know, but I dumped him because he was too busy for me. I wrote about him earlier this year stating that I thought he blocked my number, but that wasn’t the case. Anyways, he is an extremely busy guy and his job requires a lot of his time and I told him that I understand he has a high stress job, but at least texting me shouldn’t take him too much of his time. So after like 2 months I broke up with him because I felt like there was no improvements at all. I even told him several times that if communication with me was too much for him he should walk away and he told me that letting me go would be the biggest mistake even though he has shown no efforts in the communication department. I dumped him tonight via text message because he told me he would call and he didn’t. A part of me feels guilty, but I know I deserve someone who can’t go days without speaking to me and I honestly don’t believe anyone is too busy to at least send a text. He hasn’t read the message, and I’m not sure how he will react and I’m honestly afraid of what his reaction might be because he’s always telling me how much he leans on me. I just wanted to vent, but I honestly hope I made the right decision......

Speaking from experience, I know how disheartening it is when your guy seems to be too busy to care. And I honestly think like you, it doesn't take much time nor effort to send a text.

If he is genuinely that busy, then he probably doesn't have time for a relationship nor time to give you what you need to feel secure.

My ex was unreliable when it came to sticking to plans and it kept my anxiety high. I stuck through for 9 months, only to find him on a dating site.

It seems to me that your guy was just leading you on. That's the vibe I'm getting, anyways. I think you made the best choice in breaking it off. Maybe not by text, but obviously, you wasn't happy.

Speaking from experience, I know how disheartening it is when your guy seems to be too busy to care. And I honestly think like you, it doesn't take much time nor effort to send a text.

If he is genuinely that busy, then he probably doesn't have time for a relationship nor time to give you what you need to feel secure.

My ex was unreliable when it came to sticking to plans and it kept my anxiety high. I stuck through for 9 months, only to find him on a dating site.

It seems to me that your guy was just leading you on. That's the vibe I'm getting, anyways. I think you made the best choice in breaking it off. Maybe not by text, but obviously, you wasn't happy.

Text wasn’t the best thing, but I was calling him since yesterday, and he didn’t bother to call back so I just felt like if he can’t call me back or at least let me know that he is okay, then why should I care about how I break up with him?

If he truly leaned on you, wouldn't he have contacted you more often?

He isn't available for a relationship.

Exactly he’s words don’t add up with his actions. In the message I actually told him that he is not ready for a relationship, and that’s why I ended it

What kind of texting did you want after a whole 2 months? I can't tell you whether he was too busy or not. But if you find yourself henpecking a guy over communication within the baby stages of a relationship, stop before you start and move on to the next.

What kind of texting did you want after a whole 2 months? I can't tell you whether he was too busy or not. But if you find yourself henpecking a guy over communication within the baby stages of a relationship, stop before you start and move on to the next.

If you and I are in a relationship, there is no reason for you to go days without calling or texting . I have tried to walk away from this a month into it due to the fact that it’s long distance and the lack of communication and he begged me to stay and told me that he would do better. I’m not that hurt, but if I’m in a relationship with someone that I don’t get to see weeks per time I at least expect them to call or text me back when I reach out.

He's not leaning on you because he doesn't contact you. Don't be manipulated by that. So early on, and with little communication, and told you letting you go would be a mistake? That's easy to say, but way too soon to say that, plus his actions don't match his words. You want someone who initiates and makes time for you. If you were okay with it, you wouldn't have dumped him, so yes you made the right decision.

Yea he doesn’t lean on me as much as he says. I send him the break up message yesterday and he hasn’t even opened it. It kinda sucks but I’ll be fine

Yea he doesn’t lean on me as much as he says. I send him the break up message yesterday and he hasn’t even opened it. It kinda sucks but I’ll be fine

Why does it "suck"? Were you hoping he'd read it and respond with "NO! Please don't break up with me!" Or some kind of declaration of love?

You should only send break up messages if you mean them. Not as a way to try to get a reaction out of someone.

Why does it "suck"? Were you hoping he'd read it and respond with "NO! Please don't break up with me!" Or some kind of declaration of love?

You should only send break up messages if you mean them. Not as a way to try to get a reaction out of someone.

I meant it sucks that it had to end like that. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not exactly happy about this, but I’m not heart broken either. I ended it because I didn’t feel like anything was going to change in the future. I am a human being with human emotions and it’s normal for me to kinda wonder why I haven’t gotten a response.

A difference of communication, even in the early stages, is a small warning sign of compatibility.

You did the right thing. You communicated. You tried to be understanding. The busiest person in the word, has time to use the washroom and would have time to say hi and bye via text. The rest is just excuses.

Archived