LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LDR Abuse Help

Originally Posted by Iratus
    ... im due to see a therapist next month again but I've also looked into hypnotherapy, thai chi classes, I feel different to when I made my other threads as in I'm no longer upset like I was
    Good Luck, OP! You are finally taking care of you!

Bronze Member
    To me it sounds like she's crying out to you for attention in a very childish way. It's possible she's displaying in a way without words that she wants you right next to her to wake up to you everyday telling her how beautiful you think she is without all that make up on her face. I know her actions say otherwise but for some women actions do not match up. They're not like MEN and say what they mean or mean what they say. She may have said those words directly to you that she wanted you to be physically present and you gave an excuse or legitimate reason and that was the end of it and to her, it meant more to her when she said it.
    It's probably driving her insane that she cant touch, see, or smell you on a regular basis and she's trying to be a good sport about it because she wants to be with you.

You've been in this LDR three years. How many times have you physically seen each other face to face or spent time together?? It's also highly possible she's getting fed up with this LDR thing and wants you to end it with these over dramatic displays if they become more frequent then yeah, she definately wants you to end it.

LDRs are tough especially on a woman. Some women jump to so many conclusions and try to hide the crazy. It never works out because it comes out as other forms of crazy. It's a defense mechanism to guard her heart if the worst case -heartbreak- happens so it's possible she's subconsciously sabotaging it causing a self fulfilling prophecy. It's possible doesn't feel like she's pretty enough or good enough because you're not there to show how much you care. So she cakes on the make-up to feel pretty. Words have a powerful effect, they're not powerful enough to keep someone around. Keeping in touch every day or video chats can make it better, still that desire to touch is going to be there. Relationships require all the senses and if they're not all filled up or satisfied, it causes problems like what your girlfriend is doing. Even as much as you probably want to be there I'm sure she's extremely frustrated by the situation. Spending hours in the mirror trying to perfect her makeup that makes it obvious. This situation screams "WHAT ABOUT ME ME ME"

She has now removed herself from Facebook by deactivating her account after just ending the call on me. Childish. Don't you think? It's like she's trying to pick a fight so she can at least feel some form of passion from you. It sucks it has to be negative but maybe that's all she knows?

Me personally IMO, LDR's are a waste of time unless you see each other on a weekly basis. I wouldn't ever get back into one. I was this crazy at one point in my last LDR. Never again. Unless you're planning to move to where she's at or get her to move in with you, bite the bullet and end it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice