cluelessmate

Hey there! I’m 25 and I’m doing volunteer work at the public library in my hometown. The first two days of work, they didn’t have a computer for me so I had to work on this girl’s desk while she was on holidays. They told me her name and they said I probably knew her because we had some common friends and acquaintences. Her office card was on the desk and it had her picture. It was pretty unfocused but I recognised her, although I couldn’t tell from where. Two days later, I get a new computer and a desk and it’s directly behind her. I got to the office and the other co workers introduced me to her, as they did to everyone else on my first day. She turned around and damn my heart just did about 100 flips in my chest, fell on my feet, went up to my throat and stoped beating for about 3 seconds. I recognised her and I asked her where we knew each other. She told me that we were already facebook friends and we used to be in metal concerts a few years ago. Instantely, I knew she was the girl I was always attracted to, but she was dating at the time, so we never talked. Also, I really don’t have any game with women whatsoever lol. And by the way, she’s 5 years older than me.

Moving on. As we talked for about 30 seconds I noticed her face was really red, she looked like she had a sunburn or something. She looked cute as hell anyways and she came from holidays, so I didn’t really think much about it. I tried to play cool, but I noticed I probably acted a litle bit too cold, just a feeling that I have. A while later, I was talking to a friend of mine who’s working on the desk right in front of me, and he thought she actually seemed happy or interested when I showed up. Really red in the face, smiling broadly and everything. I laughed it off, said it was bull.

Although, deep down, I really wished it wasn’t bull. See, first time I saw her I must’ve been about 15 or something, probably even younger. She was always the most good looking and nicest looking girl around in those local concerts. You could say I had a crush on her. But time went by, I started dating, went to college out of town, had my own relationships, traveled, the works. But as soon as I saw her again, unexpectadly, I felt that same crush again and now she’s single.

The problem is it’s really difficult to talk to her. Not just because I’m shy, but mostly because we only see each other at the library, in a professional environment, she works right behind me, both of us with our backs to each other, with about 2 or 3 meters (do the maths plz) between the two of us. Add the fact that when I get in the office, I greet everyone, people greet me, but she doesn’t. We actually spend most of the time not even looking at each other. I’ve actually thought about making up a topic related to work to talk to her, but I feel like that’s just going to fall flat and probably just won’t work.

Also, as usual, two of my best friends work in the library, one of them is the guy who noticed her blushing, the other onejust tries to bust my balls about this whole issue, as great mates do.

What the hell should I do? lol

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

aww I think this is really cute. When I've had a massive crush on someone I blush bright red, can't look at them and cannot strike up a conversation. I tend to not end up dating them as I'm too shy to approach them, when I'm not like this but with guys I still like, I'm more likely to end up dating them as it's easier to talk to them.

I think she really likes you and has a huge crush. But don't rush into anything, enjoy this moment, but smile at her when she looks in your direction, let her know you like her. I think this could work out for you, best of luck.

Archived