Do you think this type of age gap would be acceptable?

ironpony

My friend wanted to set her sister up with my brother. My brother is 26, and he's autistic so he never gets any dates with women ever. However, my friend thought that he might be a good catch for her sister, but her sister is only 14. My friend said that she think it would be okay, because psychologically they are at the same maturity level, perhaps he may be a bit under her, maturity wise, not sure.

I kind of see what she means though, as he could use a girl at his developmental level, compared to him trying to keep on going for women his own age, who are quite a bit too advanced for him. But what do you think?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I very well see your point, but what is he suppose to do? I mean the law says he has to date women that are older, and he is underdeveloped mentally. So he is in a paradox here. I guess my friend didn't think it was abuse of her sister, cause she said that they are at the same developmental level.

Well I very well see your point, but what is he suppose to do? I mean the law says he has to date women that are older, and he is underdeveloped mentally. So he is in a paradox here. I guess my friend didn't think it was abuse of her sister, cause she said that they are at the same developmental level.

Well ,you certainly don’t go after children the age of 14 that is against the law and is statutory rape . The Law doesn’t give a rat’s ass if you don’t have the mental capacity . They will still put a person in jail for child abuse .

And your friend wants to pimp out her sister ? wow ! She need her head examined .

But isn't it kind of a double standard cause everyone is perfectly with dating an adult woman with the IQ and development of a 14 year old, which would psychologically be the same thing for her?

And why does the law want to come down on mentally challenged people who are at the same development level, and therefore, it is totally different?

But if that's the case, it's really hard to find an adult woman who is at his level, and I would like to help but it's really difficult to find any.

But isn't it kind of a double standard cause everyone is perfectly with dating an adult woman with the IQ and development of a 14 year old, which would psychologically be the same thing for her?

And why does the law want to come down on mentally challenged people who are at the same development level, and therefore, it is totally different?

But if that's the case, it's really hard to find an adult woman who is at his level, and I would like to help but it's really difficult to find any.

Law is there to protect children from adults what the law cares about is your chronological age . Doesn’t matter if you think it’s a double standard or not the law states what the law states . Don’t even bother trying it your brother will end up in jail faster than you can believe or have his butt kicked and jailed by her parents. This is not a good plan whatsoever and your friend needs her head checked .

But isn't it kind of a double standard cause everyone is perfectly with dating an adult woman with the IQ and development of a 14 year old, which would psychologically be the same thing for her?.

Dude, do you even know what you are saying here?? Seriously!?? She is a child! A minor! I can't believe that you would even, for one second, think it would be an okay thing to do. What you should be doing is dump this "friend" of yours. She needs help. Seriously.

You can complain that the laws are unfair all you want but that won't mean squat if he gets arrested.

What social groups does he belong to? What events for developmentally challenged individuals does he attend? If the answer is "none", why the heck not?

A 14 yr old girl is a CHILD! It is statutory rape if someone has sex with her, the developmental age of the older person does NOT matter. A child is a child. What an absolutely ridiculous and bad idea.

Surely this man has some sort of group or person who can take care of him, who can get him out to socialize with others who are at his level. That's where he should be looking for a female friend.

Because physically your brother is a grown ass man . I get it my son is autistic as well but he has his own social things that he goes to . He doesn’t go out trolling for children. He hangs around with people his age or older than him . He is 20. He would never dream of trolling around for little kids . He hangs around with other adults who have developmental issues .

Okay thanks, she saw it as a double standard but I won't endorse her idea at all. Thanks...

So out of curiosity, this got me thinking... Why does the law care about physical age, over psychological development, out of curiosity?

Out of curiosity ... how old are you? Just curious because I'm trying to figure out how you can NOT know the answer to that. You must be very young.

Oh okay, well my brother is not trolling for little kids at all, and this was totally my friend's idea. So if he is too date women his own age, how can he get women to accept him, since most women his own age, consider him to be underdeveloped compared to them?

I'm 33. Well this was mostly my friend's idea, and she was trying to talk me into it.

Oh okay, well my brother is not trolling for little kids at all, and this was totally my friend's idea. So if he is too date women his own age, how can he get women to accept him, since most women his own age, consider him to be underdeveloped compared to them?

Well your friend has an idea that will land your brother prison. And I’m not even joking . And prison would be an absolute horror and terror story for somebody with the developmental disability so don’t even go there .

Oh okay, thanks, I didn't think they would send him to such a prison given his developmental condition but yes you are right, I am thinking too wishfully for him. However, the idea was that they would not have sex until she was older and just date, so I didn't think age of consent would apply if they made a plan to wait on sex.

Oh okay, thanks, I didn't think they would send him to such a prison given his developmental condition but yes you are right, I am thinking too wishfully for him. However, the idea was that they would not have sex until she was older and just date, so I didn't think age of consent would apply if they made a plan to wait on sex.

Yes ,yes they would send him to prison . Don’t kid yourself .

Dude ,your friend is ridiculous . And she needs to mind her own business .

Well this was mostly my friend's idea, and she was trying to talk me into it.

Like I said before, you should dump this "friend". If this is her way of thinking, she has very serious issues. I'm surprised you even thought it may have been a good idea.

And yes, can you please answer boltrun's questions.

Archived