Do not focus on your goals.

Do NOT focus on your goals!

This may be counter-intuitive to what you may of been told or read. But it's not to say forget about your goals all together.

Goal setting is one of the most important things you should do in order to live the life that you want to live but focusing primarily on the goal itself can eventually lead to you losing interest or losing sight of it if things do not go your way.

Instead, if you focus on how you act, behave and make the right decisions leading to your goal you should have faster and more successful results.

For instance. If your goal is to lose 10 pounds. You focus on your nutrition, exercise and lifestyle choices and your goal should come into fruition. The same thing if you're trying to save for a house.

Focusing on how you spend and what you spend on the results will eventually come.

This technique has been somewhat new to me in achieving my goals and has been very successful.

I would imagine this advice could work for a lot of people. Accomplishing long-term goals often requires significant lifestyle changes over a period of time. Focusing too much on the goal (i.e. losing X amount of pounds) might lead to frustration and disappointment, which could cause someone to give up before they've made progress.

• 1 month later...
Do NOT focus on your goals!

This may be counter-intuitive to what you may of been told or read. But it's not to say forget about your goals all together.

Goal setting is one of the most important things you should do in order to live the life that you want to live but focusing primarily on the goal itself can eventually lead to you losing interest or losing sight of it if things do not go your way.

Instead, if you focus on how you act, behave and make the right decisions leading to your goal you should have faster and more successful results.

For instance. If your goal is to lose 10 pounds. You focus on your nutrition, exercise and lifestyle choices and your goal should come into fruition. The same thing if you're trying to save for a house.

Focusing on how you spend and what you spend on the results will eventually come.

This technique has been somewhat new to me in achieving my goals and has been very successful.

You had me confused!!!! you are right merely setting up goals and looking daily at it with out doing any thing would never take you to the destination, it is important to do some serious QandA with yourself regularly, how effectively you are working towards it? Have you got a well laid down plan to follow?

Key is to follow the process, you are so right!!!!!

Archived