ex of 8 months still talks to me daily. calls me her bestfriend/babe/baby. what

spacetrip

my ex and i were together for 3 years until October. we are both 28 years old now. when we were together we'd fight, but always make up. we were always very very close. she moved a few hours away up north for school and 2 months after we broke up.

we spoke after the break up like normal, then a month later in november, 2017 she got on tinder. she went on a date with a few people and slept with one. she changed her number on me, told me to move on, and i was devastated.

fast forward to mid-december. we start talking a bit more because she misses me. we talk more and more until she decides to fly out here to see me. it was great. we continued communication. in january she even texted me saying "would you still marry me?" "promise you're all mine?" i would always respond with of course, because i never wanted to break up.... gradually she starts calling me babe, baby, pet names, etc. saying she can't wait to have sex, sleep on my chest, kiss me, have me visit her.... YET she said we are not going to get back together. i was really confused and thought she'd realize she'd want to get back together if we're hanging out and shes calling me baby. we go on little trips here and there. everyone who would see us would think we were a couple. holding on each other, etc. HOWEVER, within this time she went on 6 different dates, kissing every single person. she'd tell me to go out too but i didnt really wanna. i was torn.

fast forward to 2 weeks ago. i graduate college, she drives 6 hours to see me walk. i sleep over her house every night she's here and spend every day together. she leaves around may 29 and 2 days later goes on another date. as she's on the date she texts me saying "i miss you will call you when im home, kisses"

the next day i told her we need to stop doing this because its breaking me down. she said okay. that was on sunday. then monday, tuesday, wednesday she calls me everyday. sends me a pic of us together with our heads touching. sends a pic of our dog with the words "thinkin bout u" over it. i answer the phone wednesday we talk for 1.5 hours. she said it was great talking to me. thursday comes and i tell her "look you know what? stop calling me babe, baby, honey, etc. it leads me on. i have been led on. who wouldn't be? all your actions show you want to be with me, but yet you date other people non-stop. you call me everytime you get done with a date. you tell me how much you love me. we cant do this." now she hasn't called me in a few days. did i do the best thing?

Yes . Eventually all the flirting would stop...when she found a new guy that she was compatible with. Don’t be a backup plan. Stop talking to her. Let her see what it’s like not having you in her life.

Just disappear. Give her the gift of missing you. Your not her little pet she can drag around on a leash. She’s still going on dates while flirting/leading you on. As soon as she finds someone else you will be left wondering what the he*ll happened.

You have two choices:

1 - keep feeding and fueling her ego till she finds someone new then you start your healing process at that time after she’s used you up.

2 - Heal now and disappear. Stop feeding her ego, make her live life without you. Stop all contact now and let her see how it feels.

Heal now, or heal later. I suggest healing now.

She goes to great lengths to keep you hanging on. She enjoys it I’m sure. I’m sure she knows what she’s doing and how it’s making you feel. She knows she stringing you along till she finds someone new. Obviously she shows this by hanging out/seeing you, then goes home and checks her tinder and goes on dates. That’s selfish, cruel and emotionally abusive. Stop allowing someone to emotionally abuse you. Be strong. Be smart. You know what she’s doing so stop letting her do this.

Good luck

Red88

Similar to me, split up with my gf 3 months ago now, togehter 5 years. Asked her to not contact me as friendship not possible, blocked her on all social media, she said she will respect my wishes then in the last month shes turned up at my house 3 times and texts me a few times week about random crap calling me babe etc. I just ignore her. NOt heard off her in a week now so it seems its getting through. DO the same.

She sounds like a cruel and twisted woman, cut her off.

Exactly what Red88 said above. You're are 100% a backup until she finds someone she really likes then you will be a distant memory. Are you even still getting sex from her with all her gushy talk? If not cut her off QUICK.

Yes, you did the best thing.

She is using you as a filler until she finds your permanent replacement. As soon as she does, you will be left in the dust. She is old enough to know better than to behave like this with an ex who is still very clearly in love with her. She doesn't want you to move on until she does, but make no mistake, she will move on completely.

Enough is enough. Good for you for telling her "No more."

EDIT: Please go back and re-read your thread from November about this mess. It will remind you to stay away if she tries to tug on your heart-strings again:

https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544019

Omg your ex reminds me of an ex-friend of mine, and somewhat of an ex of mine. You did the right thing. She is toxic, doesn't know what she wants, knows how to charm others and is using you as her backup.

Do not be her back up. You did the right thing. 1 warning, she might try to send you breadcrumbs again like sending lovey dovey texts or emails. Do not fall for them.

Archived