Ex of 2 Months still talks to me everyday

ericw899

My ex girlfriend & I were together for just two months before I became too insecure and lacked too much confidence for her to want to be with me. I still very much want her back, and still love her, yet she is very stubborn and I can tell she is still hurt by how I acted during the breakup. She does however reach out to me on snapchat everyday (We've been broken up 2 months now), and we talk about things we would when we were a couple. She has however said we are not getting back together. Why may she be doing this & is she just testing me to see how I react?

You love her after only two months? You don't even know this girl.

She likes the attention. You should have gone NC. She does not want a relationship. Stop all contact and block.

" She has however said we are not getting back together. " You are only extending your pain. Listen to what she told you.

Thank you for the response & I understand what your'e saying. But I should add she was considering getting back with me until something happened two weeks ago. That's why I think she might still have feelings for me & is remaining in contact to see if I have changed.

She also said that she does not want to get back.

Also, by staying in contact, you put yourself in the friend zone. You must go NC, and tell her to reach out if she wants full reconciliation. Only.

What happened two weeks ago? You also need to deal with your issues, or you will not be capable of having a relationship.

So 3 weeks ago, we went out and acted like a couple. Went to dinner, went to the mall, holding hands, cuddling, kissing, then ended the night sleeping together. A week later she tells me she is going out with some guy and wants a relationship with him. I naturally was jealous & flipped out on her by acting insecure and jealous (nothing abusive) but it was a bad look. It got to the point where she said "don't message me again" but within two days she was already hitting me up. Long story short, I know I struggle with confidence and I'm insecure and I'm going to be seeing someone to work out my issues. I even told her yesterday I understand why she ended things and that I'm getting the necessary help.

Why would you want anything to do with her? She sleeps with you, then tells you she wants someone else. Awful. Your reaction was awful, too. You should have told her you would not contact her again.

You are showing someone who has treated you with complete disrespect, that you do not value yourself. Dude, you need to get your self respect back. She is with another guy, yet flirting with you. Does that really sound like a great girl? Also, i don't understand how you can love someone in two months? How old are you?

You need to work on yourself, and block and delete her. She is no good!!!!

Why would you want anything to do with her? She sleeps with you, then tells you she wants someone else. Awful. Your reaction was awful, too. You should have told her you would not contact her again.

You are showing someone who has treated you with complete disrespect, that you do not value yourself. Dude, you need to get your self respect back. She is with another guy, yet flirting with you. Does that really sound like a great girl? Also, i don't understand how you can love someone in two months? How old are you?

You need to work on yourself, and block and delete her. She is no good!!!!

I'm 21 & the reason I fell so hard for her is because she was my first everything. We really had an amazing connection, and share things with one another nobody else knows even up to this point. We were so happy together our first month, and when we had our reconnection date, things felt normal. I know she sounds like bad news, and she probably is, but my heart says differently. I guess I just don't want to lose her, even though she has hurt me a lot. Keep in mind, she is very immature which could explain how she acts. (I know I'm immature too)

I would stop making excuses for her behavior, She does not respect you, and that is clear.

She does not want to be with you. You have to decide if you value yourself enough to find someone who reciprocates you feelings, and treats you with respect.

Lastly, you cannot be friends- even though she is not your friend- when there are feelings. You have to figure out if you are going to do what is best for you. Good god, you only dated for two months. You had a life before her.

I would stop making excuses for her behavior, She does not respect you, and that is clear.

She does not want to be with you. You have to decide if you value yourself enough to find someone who reciprocates you feelings, and treats you with respect.

Lastly, you cannot be friends- even though she is not your friend- when there are feelings. You have to figure out if you are going to do what is best for you. Good god, you only dated for two months. You had a life before her.

I'm going to try & move on. I know I can't outright block her because I'm not ready, but I will try not responding back to her messages. How will she feel if I don't respond?

I'm going to try & move on. I know I can't outright block her because I'm not ready, but I will try not responding back to her messages. How will she feel if I don't respond?

Why can't you block? Dude, she has a bf. Why would you care what she thinks after the way she has acted.

She is not coming back, plus you only together two months.

She won't really be that bothered, aside from a little bruise to her ego. She has other interests now.

Look, the problem at this point isn't your insecurity. The problem is that she has moved on and doesn't want to date you. You need to stop letting her use you as back-up plan. She didn't come back for the right reasons, as you now see.

She won't really be that bothered, aside from a little bruise to her ego. She has other interests now.

Look, the problem at this point isn't your insecurity. The problem is that she has moved on and doesn't want to date you. You need to stop letting her use you as back-up plan. She didn't come back for the right reasons, as you now see.

I guess the only thing that confuses me is if she has moved on, why does she insist on still talking to me everyday for the last 2 months and telling me every detail of her life?

I guess the only thing that confuses me is if she has moved on, why does she insist on still talking to me everyday for the last 2 months and telling me every detail of her life?

Because you're comfortable and familiar, like an old friend. She doesn't have a romantic attachment anymore, so you're like her best buddy.

She might also be keeping you warm in case she gets tired of dating or the single life, and wants some convenient affection and attention. If she stopped talking to you, she wouldn't exactly be in much of position to come knocking again when she wants to hook up.

The first time is naturally sweet and memorable. And so it is so hard to let go. But you are getting a good training here. There are always signs to watch out for and if you pay attention to the signs you can protect yourself from getting hurt. This is a good forum to get help decoding these signs.

If you really want to move on and you’re not ready, you need to start working on it or you will find yourself back with her and you won’t even know how that happened. You will be an easy prey. Cut off communication as much as you can, get busy with something else, preferably getting yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally ready to be alone for a while. Enjoy time with friends or solo activities and develop a great healthy positive outlook. When you meet the next girl who might be better in relationships, you are ready.

She'll likely get the impression that you're beginning to respect yourself, where in turn her game of "Catch me if you can" will end. It's time to call her bluff, and take her off that pedestal.

The first time is naturally sweet and memorable. And so it is so hard to let go. But you are getting a good training here. There are always signs to watch out for and if you pay attention to the signs you can protect yourself from getting hurt. This is a good forum to get help decoding these signs.

If you really want to move on and you’re not ready, you need to start working on it or you will find yourself back with her and you won’t even know how that happened. You will be an easy prey. Cut off communication as much as you can, get busy with something else, preferably getting yourself physically, mentally, and emotionally ready to be alone for a while. Enjoy time with friends or solo activities and develop a great healthy positive outlook. When you meet the next girl who might be better in relationships, you are ready.

The problem is that I still want her back even though I know she has hurt me. I am however starting to work out at the gym & will be meeting with a therapist.

She'll likely get the impression that you're beginning to respect yourself, where in turn her game of "Catch me if you can" will end. It's time to call her bluff, and take her off that pedestal.

But will she be gone when I stop answering? Or will she feel panicked that she lost someone who she really cares about and come crawling back? I know you don't want someone to just crawl back to you but she really seems like a lost cause who just needs some guidance on what she wants. She reacts so much on impulse sometimes its like the grass is greener, even though it usually isn't. What I mean by that is that I believe if she saw me again in person, her feelings would come back & she'll realize she isn't over me. I should point out she was willing to hangout with me & said she still loved me the day before we had an argument in which she said stop talking to her.

Unfortunately the friendzone is a frequent offer even when that's not how it's phrased. It's how she's acting that tells you that.

She does however reach out to me on snapchat everyday (We've been broken up 2 months now), and we talk about things we would when we were a couple. She has however said we are not getting back together.
Unfortunately the friendzone is a frequent offer even when that's not how it's phrased. It's how she's acting that tells you that.

Would it be worth entering the friendzone to allow her to see I have changed and help regain old feelings? For example, we take a trip as "friends" but wind up being a little handsy, making her laugh & reminisce?

Would it be worth entering the friendzone to allow her to see I have changed and help regain old feelings? For example, we take a trip as "friends" but wind up being a little handsy, making her laugh & reminisce?

What if she invites her new boyfriend on this trip? After all, friends take trips together and often invite their boyfriends.

Archived