Want to confess before I lose the chance

Iheartpie

Hi everyone, here is a little backstory

Around 2 and a half years ago I was heading to the interview for my current job. That is when I met a certain girl she was applying for a similar job to mine but not the same one. There was a long wait as they were getting the interview process underway and there were many other candidates. We were sitting next to each other so we started talking, after my initial face palm worthy introduction I started talking to her, we talked about why we wanted our respective jobs and about where we from etc. After about a 45 minutes I was called up for my interview. Long story short I landed the job, my new friend got her targeted job too. So naturally I came into more contact with her. We continued our friendship where we left off and we really started bonding, we spoke about and shared with each other lots of things from pop culture, our pasts, pet peeves and preferences. At this point I had no romantic intentions she was just a good friend, but over time we started sharing more personal things and so did I. We opened up to each other, and shared stories of our childhood and more. This only strengthened our bond.

Soon she became one of my closest friends not just at work but outside as well. When i was arranging a party with some of my work friends which was composed of both men and woman, she was the first on my list I even rescheduled the whole because she could not make it on the day. We went together with another one of my co-workers a friend of both us and set of on a camping tour, we traveled nearly all summer and shared more ourselves. It was around this time I started getting feelings for her. I didn't want to ruin a fantastic friendship so I kept quiet. As the days of the trip went on I sometimes let my guard slip and linger a smile for to long or blush at the mention of her, but overall everything was going great. I even noticed that she might has some feelings for me, she told me first (apart from her parents) about her cheating ex and how he emotionally manipulated her and left her threats. I offered her support as any friend would do, and she cried to me about it. During the comforting she told me "I wish their were more guys like you" and that "Any girl who dates you would be very lucky" I just laughed it off saying that you just messing with me etc. She told me more about her struggles and made me come out my shell to share mine. We told each other secrets, secrets that we take to our grave. While I still had my other friends she became my best friend and vice-versa She once said like it felt like we completed one another.

Fast forward to today where after we both got promotions and worked their for a while, she informed me and our fellow co-workers mostly all of us were friends. That she had been promoted to junior vice president of the company. Which was a really big job, the catch was that she had to move to the companies headquarters to complete the move. we all congratulated her and told her to take it. I was really happy for her. After a while she got me alone and told me she'd miss me most. Thta's when the feeling of dread struck through me. I want her to get this position I also however want to reveal to her just how much she means to me and how important she is to me. To also see if she felt that our connection transcended the high level we were already at. She leaves at the end of June/early July and yet I still haven' manage the courage to say anything. What got more more frantic was when she said "You'll tell me if you anyone OK. I need to make sure their right for you.

For a long while we were just friends but the closer we grew he more the nudging belief that the love of your life is right their. Not some random cute waiter/waitress or some super model type person.

TL: DR Went to a job interview became friends with a girl, grew closer together over time. Got feelings for her, she likely has them to. Moving a way soon want to confess my love

Well, you've got to move quick. Enough of this making moon eyes at her and ask her out on a date. It seems pretty established that she has feelings for you. Make your feelings known. (If she doesn't return your feelings and leaves, well, you won't see her again so you have nothing to lose.) Then have an online romance and see if you can get transferred to headquarters in the next year. You didn't say how far away she will be. Maybe the two of you can work something out. But you have to say something pretty quickly.

I'll speak to her this Monday! (Even if she dosen't like me back I still want to see her as we were great friends) I'll also try and get into headquarters like you said.

( She'll be about 7 and a half hours away by plane) I'll let it all out to her tomorrow and maybe see her once a month Now I'm just anxiously waiting for monday.

Well I got some great news I told her how I felt yesterday, she revealed that she had feelings for me she was just worried I would not return them. We now made plans to date for when both of us are free as we've both been busy me with classes and work and her with work and getting ready to move. We've arranged two dates across this month and are planning on spending more time together. So so far it is a success

I wanted to ask you should I make a new thread to ask about how to approach long distance relationship like thus this relationship

Just continue here so people understand the back story. And you don't have a long distance relationship yet. You have two dates. Don't get ahead of yourself

I went on the first date yesterday and it went really well we had dinner and discussed some things. She told me that let's start a relationship and she said let's try and make this work. We still have our second date planned and have been hanging out a lot recently. However the date on which she'll leave has been confirmed as June 30. So I'm worried about what we'll be able to do in that time and I don't want to lose her after just getting to know her.

• 11 months later...

Archived