Good changes that I am making

RaisedEyebrow

Hi all,

I just wanna express the stuff that I have been doing ever since my recent breakup in mid May. After a period of absolute agony, I decided to improve myself. One thing I didn't do well was take care of my physical health. I have multiple health issues - back pain, can't sleep, hair loss, bad(ish) skin. I am also approaching 40 so physical health starts to decline if care isn't taken.

This is what I have been doing since May till today :

1. Doing my physio exercises regularly at home. I do not do it everyday as I need to, but every other day. To me it is better compared to no physio back in the day. I am noticing the difference in my life already.

2. Stopped smoking. This is the umpteenth attempt. I might relapse into smoking but I have been doing well so far, even in the presence of smokers.

3. Taking my vitamins in the morning, doing a skin care regime at night.

4. Went to see a Traditional Chinese Medical doctor for my various health issues. To me, whenever there are unrelated and multiple health issues, it is time to see them. His medicine has solved quite a few things and I am feeling better. I need to go back and see him again soon.

5. Meditate to a Youtube video called 'Guided Meditation for Detachment from Over-Thinking' every night to fix my sleeping issues. I am losing hair and hair loss is associated with stress and lack of sleep.

6. Gone to see various other doctors for a variety of non urgent things - time to get stuff sorted.

7. Looking to get out of my dead end job by updating my CV, my LinkedIn and browsing around for jobs. Seriously looking into this particular company right now.

8. Signed up for an online course to up my skills. I paid for it so I gotta make damn sure that I complete it!

9. Maybe it is the universe and how it draws things to you - I stumbled upon Mensutra on YouTube and have been devouring his videos and listening to them on repeat. The videos have helped me to focus on me and my goals, instead of getting distracted. It is keeping me focused on all the above activities.

10. Re-connecting with friends and family but in a new way - less intense, less needy, hopefully in a more healthy way. I am also introspecting into how I connect with myself and with partners. I have a string of them to look for patterns and see why they don't work out.

I have been calmer, more chilled and focused than ever before. I think it is mostly the traditional chinese meds but maybe I am just adulting better haha. The focus I have on my current job is something that I have not had in months! I still wanna leave the job though lol. I realise that I am not as prone to drama. I have stumbled upon Lisa Nichols, the motivational speaker recently and she is helping me more in the self love department.

Here's to a better me!

Archived