Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girlfriend met Ex for coffee behind my back - but told me in the end

Sorry this is happening. She sounds quite bonded to him and your relationship so far seems to include a lot of discussions about him.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks:
    Originally Posted by askltk
    She's told me I can look through her phone (which I'm obviously not interested in) to see she hasn't spoken to him since, and that she's no interest in seeing him again.

Silver Member
    She does need better boundaries, but I don't believe this should be dictated by me. If I was treated how she was treated, I wouldn't have any interest in seeing them. But, she's the type to help regardless of the past - and i respect her for that.

I don't think she was aware of ulterior motives, and to my understanding there was no sign of that when they met. It maybe naivety on her part, but from what she said he was reaching out for work advice.

Silver Member
    Not so much discussions, she's told me he's text her and she's not met him prior to this. I'm not one to pry and read text messages, what type of person does that?! The whole conversation arose because she mentioned her awards dinner, and that the ex had applied for a position there. I queried as to how she knew that, and she noted that he'd been in touch.

Silver Member
    As a quick note - I started to doubt myself with my reactions, so I spoke to her this morning just to clarify. I stated I know she went for the right reasons, i valued her honesty and that I'm not someone who is jealous nore who she needs to justify her actions to. She was thankful for that, and said if i was every annoyed that I should say . She also said that it won't be happening again.

Dump her, withholding is lying.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by BurtReynolds
    Are you a woman?
    This is a thread from last year and the OP hasn't returned to this forum since 8 months ago. They most likely won't respond.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice