Is he cheating on his long term girlfriend with me?

Gulliver

I have been dating this guy for 2-3 months and his behaviour has been quite suspicious so i searched on Facebook and i found one of his female friend's profile who has many photos taken with him. Prior to that he lied to me that he didn't have a Facebook account but i found out and became quite worried about what he might be hiding. I suspect that she might well be his girlfriend as the way they are together on the photos look more like a couple. I really want to find out for sure. Could you please advise me what i should do?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does sound shady, i admit i would be more forgiving in that i would want to confirm or get more information first but at a glance, something feels off.

Now first off, it is fair to say some dudes do have lots of pics with girls, some specifically more than others, doesn't mean much but if he didn't want you knowing he had a facebook, it means there is something to hide he doesn't want you seeing. It might be worth monitoring their activity, or, whilst i don't condole it, you could make a dummy account, message her and ask her directly (as a "stranger").

I would say if nothing else he is certainly lying and hiding something, i would be vigilant. Definitely keep looking into these two, it could be all for nothing, as said we all have pics with the opposite sex, but it seems he doesn't want you knowing, so it is really finding our what he is hiding from you

I have been dating this guy for 2-3 months and his behaviour has been quite suspicious so i searched on Facebook and i found one of his female friend's profile who has many photos taken with him. Prior to that he lied to me that he didn't have a Facebook account but i found out and became quite worried about what he might be hiding. I suspect that she might well be his girlfriend as the way they are together on the photos look more like a couple. I really want to find out for sure. Could you please advise me what i should do?

Can you give us a couple examples?

How did you meet him?

Probably leave him if you suspect he's cheating no more than two months into this, whether or not he actually is.

I agree with this completely. 2 months and you're already playing detective?

I wonder what came first the chicken or the egg.

Is he being untrustworthy or are you a ' if I keep extreme tabs on him he won't cheat ' kind of girl. There are women like that and they don't leave, even after they find the evidence. Are you that girl? I hope not.

I’d leave on the basis that you’ve already found out he’s lied to you about Facebook.

These days, almost everyone looks people up on social media, so it’s not considered snooping, or anything nefarious. It’s not like you checked his phone while he wasn’t looking.

That’s such a stupid lie, too, as it’s so easy to find out.

I’d always wonder, if it’s thar easy for him to lie about something that stupid, what else will he lie about?

It does sound shady, i admit i would be more forgiving in that i would want to confirm or get more information first but at a glance, something feels off.

Now first off, it is fair to say some dudes do have lots of pics with girls, some specifically more than others, doesn't mean much but if he didn't want you knowing he had a facebook, it means there is something to hide he doesn't want you seeing. It might be worth monitoring their activity, or, whilst i don't condole it, you could make a dummy account, message her and ask her directly (as a "stranger").

I would say if nothing else he is certainly lying and hiding something, i would be vigilant. Definitely keep looking into these two, it could be all for nothing, as said we all have pics with the opposite sex, but it seems he doesn't want you knowing, so it is really finding our what he is hiding from you

I was thinking of asking her a question as a stranger. What do you think i should say? I would love to find out , really curious though.

Can you give us a couple examples?

How did you meet him?

He lied about his name. I told my friend about it but my friend justified it as his real name sounds odd and he might be embarrassed about it and also Facebook thing as well.

I agree with this completely. 2 months and you're already playing detective?

I wonder what came first the chicken or the egg.

Is he being untrustworthy or are you a ' if I keep extreme tabs on him he won't cheat ' kind of girl. There are women like that and they don't leave, even after they find the evidence. Are you that girl? I hope not.

I will leave him. I won't put up with this. But i'm curious to find out though.

I’d leave on the basis that you’ve already found out he’s lied to you about Facebook.

These days, almost everyone looks people up on social media, so it’s not considered snooping, or anything nefarious. It’s not like you checked his phone while he wasn’t looking.

That’s such a stupid lie, too, as it’s so easy to find out.

I’d always wonder, if it’s thar easy for him to lie about something that stupid, what else will he lie about?

Now i'm wondering god! why me ??? :upset:

Now i'm wondering god! why me ??? :upset:

It isn't you. It's them. Stupid people like him are out there.

It's about what you choose to do next. Are we going to be reading about lies from him for years to come, or are you going to be single for a little bit, date around, and meet a nice, honest guy? It looks like you're choosing the latter, which is what's important.

It isn't you. It's them. Stupid people like him are out there.

It's about what you choose to do next. Are we going to be reading about lies from him for years to come, or are you going to be single for a little bit, date around, and meet a nice, honest guy? It looks like you're choosing the latter, which is what's important.

I'm really curious wanting to find out . Do you think i can ask her as a stranger? What do you think i should say? My brain is just not telling me any good plans right now :icon_sad:

Girl, nobody lies about having a Facebook unless they are hiding a relationship. He lied about his name too just so you wouldn't find it! This is truly a no-brainer. You're the other woman. Drop this dude like a hot potato and go no contact. Who needs that kind of drama?

Girl, nobody lies about having a Facebook unless they are hiding a relationship. He lied about his name too just so you wouldn't find it! This is truly a no-brainer. You're the other woman. Drop this dude like a hot potato and go no contact. Who needs that kind of drama?

Maybe i need to try to be happy and think of it as a hook up which i never ever plan to have :upset:

Maybe i need to try to be happy and think of it as a hook up which i never ever plan to have :upset:

So you're content being the side piece of a man in a relationship?

Please don't try to convince yourself that you're OK with this.

Think how you would feel if he were your boyfriend and you found out he had a side woman. Plus, think about the amount of disrespect he has for you to treat you this way.

Quality women don't volunteer to be the side piece. Be a quality woman.

So you're content being the side piece of a man in a relationship?

Please don't try to convince yourself that you're OK with this.

Think how you would feel if he were your boyfriend and you found out he had a side woman. Plus, think about the amount of disrespect he has for you to treat you this way.

Quality women don't volunteer to be the side piece. Be a quality woman.

No if he could cheat another girl with me then he would also cheat again and again and again. Is it a new trend or something? Modern world, we don't believe in monogamy anymore? Hands up anyone for monogamy? pls

But you just responded to me that you wouldn't put up with and and you would leave.

2 months in is so early any red flags should be an indication you two aren't a good match. It can suck, especially if you got along well but it should be fairly easy to walk away from this.

I asked you if you were one of those people who thinks finding evidence of infidelity even though you don't plan to leave is a way to conduct yourself in a relationship and you said no but here you are.

The solution is very black and white and no it doesn't include harassing this random woman. if hes being untrustworthy its not worth it to pursue. If its you who has trust issues the damage is already done in this relationship, its an unexplainable phenomenon but people who have trust issues tend to attract untrustworthy people, completely illogical but I see it all the time. Your best bet is gooing to be remaining single for a bit to work on your trust issues.

No if he could cheat another girl with me then he would also cheat again and again and again. Is it a new trend or something? Modern world, we don't believe in monogamy anymore? Hands up anyone for monogamy? pls

No, this is how HE is.

You can easily remove yourself from this situation. Delete messages from him and then block his number. And don't concern yourself with what he might think. He didn't care about your feelings when he set you up to be the side piece.

No, you cannot ask her as a stranger. I won't allow it. :D

What difference would it make? You already know he lies, and as others have said, the only plausible reason he lied was to keep you from knowing about this other girl.

The only thing that I would recommend is, since you really want to know, is that you ask him straight up. Tell him the truth: that you were doing a Facebook search (all very normal today), and that his name came up.

He might say it's an old profile, he doesn't use it anymore, that's an ex-girlfriend, whatever. But you'll know from his demeanor, what the truth is.

Me? I've been through enough shady sh*t. I'd just walk away.

Archived