Another Tragic Death (Possible Suicide)

Not sure what's going on but I'm in a bit of shock right now.

Just learned that one of my favorite chefs and tv personalities, Anthony Bourdain, has died, possible suicide it's believed (from some who were close to him).

He hosted one of my favorite shows in the world, Parts Unknown, traveling all over the world meeting the locals, eating their food, learning their culture.

What makes it even more shocking is that, in addition to having the most envious job in the world (in my opinion), he reportedly was very much in love with his Italian gf, Asia, who he's being dating for around 10 months (reportedly).

I just don't understand any of this. Kate Spade and now Anthony Bourdain and course Robin Williams among many others.

I guess, despite their success and seemingly awesome life, there is much lurking underneath that no one talks about, even his gf was in shock upon learning of his passing.

Anyway, RIP Mr. Bourdain, you will be missed!

Depression can take ANYONE regardless of how successful someone is. It’s a mental illness affected by a neurological chemical imbalance. Stress, environment or genetics can cause it. Unfortunately it has such a powerful stigma that people with depression are often afraid to r a house or for help.

If you or a loved one are having suicidal thoughts, please don’t isolate yourself from the people you love. Call the suicide hotline.

I thought it was already confirmed that it was a suicide? Guess not yet....

I've been reading further reports that he was found dead from hanging, so yeah a suicide.

There are other reports too, that he and Asia had possibly broken up this week. Below is what TMZ reported about that:

>>We know Anthony was shooting his show in France this week -- he'd been there for at least 4 days. However, Asia was back in Rome, strolling around with a French reporter named Hugo Clément. There were photos of them holding hands and hugging, but the Italian photographer who shot the pics pulled them off the market on the heels of Anthony's death.

It's unclear if Anthony and Asia had broken up. If they did, there was no public announcement. Their last public appearance together was at an event was back in April in NYC.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions but my goodness, this is just SOOOOO sad, I am beyond words.

I am fairly certain it has nothing to do with his Italian girlfriend. They were together 10 months... It's more likely he suffered from depression for years and maybe something just triggered him to commit suicide now. I used to watch him too. He indeed had the best job in the world. Obviously that is not enough...

I am fairly certain it has nothing to do with his Italian girlfriend. They were together 10 months... It's more likely he suffered from depression for years and maybe something just triggered him to commit suicide now. I used to watch him too. He indeed had the best job in the world. Obviously that is not enough...

Do you think she was cheating on him then?

"Asia was back in Rome, strolling around with a French reporter named Hugo Clément. There were photos of them holding hands and hugging..."

I guess we'll never know, and although there were no outwards signs of depression, he still could have been suffering.

But if by chance, he had seen or heard of the photos of his gf strolling around with the French reporter, that could have been the trigger, but who knows.

Just sad.

I think why AB's suicide comes as such a shock to me (more so than Robin Williams, or Kate Spade and others while certainly tragic) was because the image I had of him, who he portrayed himself to be, was that of a "tough guy," outspoken, fearless, brash, hard-nosed, STRONG, a man who could rise above the bullshyt and persevere through the toughest of times and the toughest of circumstances.

But perhaps that was it, just an "image," not unlike many celebrities and tv personalities, and even some of us regular folks, it's all of façade, hiding who we truly are underneath the surface.

It really gets you thinking about things you know? About images, facades, people hiding who they are, what they feel, what's lurking underneath all the bravado (which he possessed in abundance - not in a negative way).

I've been reading about him; those that knew him well lamented how sensitive he was, much more so than most people would have ever imagined. A great humanitarian too.

This one has really hit me hard; I'm not a believer but God bless him and those he left behind.

May he rest in peaceful sleep.

My fave Bourdain show was The Layover. I've binge watched it and most of his other shows, I loved that guy. I dont know why he did what he did, but holy cow what a great loss to the world. I'd have loved to have met him and sat down for a beer with him. Such an extraordinary person, gone too young.

Hi melancholy, I never watched "The Layover" when was that on?

Before "Parts Unknown," I watched him on "No Reservations," which was same premise as Parts Unknown (different Network).

I did a lot of reading about him over the weekend to get a better understanding. He admitted in an episode of Parts Unknown (I watched the episode again over the weekend) that he suffered from depression, that could be debilitating at times.

He also overcame a bad heroin addiction and went through a period of heavy drinking and other drugs.

The night before his death the friend who found him said he was feeling very low and very down. That night, his girlfriend posted a photo on Instagram with the words "F*** everyone, you know who you are," which some believe was directed toward Bourdain. It was quickly deleted from Instagram after news of his death.

I know a bit about depression and I'm thinking it's possible in his depressed state, he attempted to "push her out," may have said and done some things to push her away, thus her words on Instagram.

I am only speculating about that though; we will never truly know how bad the demons he was struggling with were, only that he must have been in a tremendous amount of emotional pain to do what he did.

I do hope, wherever he (or his soul) is, he's finally found some peace.

Archived