Is this a date or not?

Viper111

Hey guys.

So there's a girl I think is totally beautiful.

I've only ever met her once in real life, she came to see my band play her hometown about a year ago. She's an artist, and I asked her about doing some artwork for our band.

I've been single now for about 10 months, and about a month ago I asked her if she would do some artwork for my apartment.

She said yes and we have pretty much talked every day.

She tells me how her day has been, asks about mine, talks about her family...

Recently I realised I was going to be spending a weekend in her hometown for a work seminar.

So I asked if she would make some art for me. And I could meet her in person and pick it up.

I asked how much she would like for it and she just said to take her for some drinks.

I was forward and said, hell no, I'll take you for dinner.

She said OK, and every day since we have talked about where we are going for food, where I'm staying (she said she would have offered to put me up if she hadn't had to move back in with her parents recently)

She asks about my day and we talk about art and poetry and also she talks about me taking her dancing, and has taken the day after off work so she can get a little drunk.

She's said so many times how she can't wait to go out and have fun.

And she's also completed the art work for me too.

My last relationship was a total mess, and it killed my self esteem. Plus this girl is THE BOMB!

My friends have told me "it's definitely a date"

But my brain is saying "no way is she interested"

What do you guys think?

It's sort of a date. It's also payment for your artwork. But it seems she likes you. You need to ask her on another date before this date is finished and then figure out a way to see her when you're no longer in her city. You can just see how it goes.

She only lives around an hour and a half away so it's no biggie. But she has already asked me to then take a trip with her to the coast sometime. So we can be tourists... But yeh.

I am gonna play it cool. Enjoy the night, be myself and see how it goes.

I just hope we hit it off :)

I need some positivity in my life :)

Some examples of her messages

"I’ve got no plans to go out this weekend so my poor ankle will get plenty of rest so we can go dancing next weekend, And if it’s still a bit tender next week then I’m sure copious amounts of drink will help. I’ll neck some Sake with my sushi!xx"

" I never can find places to eat with my allergies.. So Absolutely feel free to cook for me whenever, I love food xx"

"My work building is actually on the way into town from your hotel, you can wave up at me if you pass by! I don't usually eat at work so we can go for food if you want? Unless thats too late for you. I hate doing my saturday shifts there, I dont know why I chose to do them. And I'm getting far too old to go drinking the night before so putting holiday in is a must! I know it'll be great to be with a fellow creative xx"

"Ahh I would have let you crash at mine no problem but I'm back living at home because my life is a joke so thats not ideal. Let me know which hotel you go for and I'll come help you settle in xx"

"I know me too! Can't wait to see you! I may even buy a new dress for the occasion...actually who am I kidding, I’ll probably have bought about ten by then, I have a serious dress problem 🙃 xx"

"Yes I'm great thanks! There’s plenty of good places to go drink and dance here, especially if you like cocktails! We can go on a cocktail bar crawl as long as you hold me up at the end of the night haha 🤘🏻 How about you?xx"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived