Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 25 year age gap

Originally Posted by 25yeargap
    Worked with him for two years.
    So you were 16 years old and he was 41? Man, he should be locked up. Didn't it feel wrong to you? At all??

Platinum Member
    No he has no idea about the trust Iím running my own business and yes he does have money... Jesus heís not a ing villain
    OP, your inherent inexperience at your age doesn't permit you to see that he is not a good person.

He cheats. He lies. He was 41 when he started talking to a 16-year-old. There is something very, very wrong with this picture.

Me and my boyfriend have a 25 year age gap, things are very hard right now, he is leaving his girlfriend and we are moving out in a few months, coming up with the money is hard and telling my family is even worse, donít know when to tell them or what to say, Iím 18 heís 43, anyone who has experienced this please give me advice on how to tell them
    How long has he been with his girlfriend? Where do you both live? What kind of money do you need to come up with?

The human brain isn't fully mature until about aged 25, basically in the decision making area, the pre-frontal cortex. Listen to people who are beyond this mark and have more life experience than you. Couples who have an age gap of 20 years or more have a 95 percent failure rate. Look around you, and you will see that most of the successful couples you see are closer in age, because that's what works better because of being in similar life stages.

And if you think you're so special that he wouldn't start up with another woman while living with you, you're wrong. A person's ethics usually don't change. He did his gf dirty, no matter the excuses he gave you, which players always do, and he'll do you dirty too. Enjoy the freedom of youth. You have so many years down the road to settle down after gaining some life experience so that you can make wiser choices.

I can't say I have much experience with 40+ year olds chatting me up as a romantic prospect when I was 16, much less those who were cheating on their partner during that time. I'm not sure how I can put it nicely, but it is out of genuine concern that I suggest perhaps not throwing your trust money into a business if this is any reflection of the state and quality of your decision making. I would, however, suggest putting some of that money into a reputable therapist to help you navigate why any of this was ever considered an option so that you can then grow and learn as someone entering adulthood should have the opportunity to.

No he has no idea about the trust Iím running my own business and yes he does have money... Jesus heís not a ing villain
    In a way he is because he's preying on you, a vulnerable naive 18 yr old with no real life experience.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    He is a predator you just donít know it yet.

Platinum Member
    Me and my boyfriend have a 25 year age gap, things are very hard right now, he is leaving his girlfriend and we are moving out in a few months, coming up with the money is hard and telling my family is even worse, donít know when to tell them or what to say, Iím 18 heís 43, anyone who has experienced this please give me advice on how to tell them
    I would get afar away from this man. He is still in a relationship and he is LIVING WITH HER. you said he is "leaving his girlfriend" == not LEFT his girlfriend. Honey, if your sister or best friend was in this situation, what would you tell them? If i were your older sister, I would tell you that this man is bad news. He is using you to cheat on his girlfriend or is LYING to you and won't really leave her - he will just string you along. And he is a creeper since he is dating a "just became legal" young woman who is old enough to be his daughter.

Look, there are some age gaps that work. I knew a young woman who had very specific interests - she actually became a history professor in a very specialized subject of history and she met a man who had the same passion as she did. Yes, there is an age gap. When they met, she was 30 and he was 45 -- but she was a grown adult with a career and it was a meeting of the minds --- they actually were reluctant to date at first after having a professional friendship for 4 years because of it and actually never considered eachother dating material, then when she was 30 they both sort of realized that they were missing out on who was right in front of them all along. They have been married 10 years now and she is 44 and he is 55 with a daughter.

BUT your big problem is not an age gap --- its a CHEATER looking for a young warm body!!!

Not myself, but my cousin of my same age, she moved in with a much older man when she was 16.
    She was trying to get away from a bad home life.
    Is that the case for you?

Platinum Member
    Then why are you having such a difficult time moving in together, if he has money? "coming up with the money is hard "

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice