B8M1978

My gf is 24 and I'm 37 so a big age gap and we've been together just over one year. The relationship as been rocky and not very stable to say the least. She's called it off a few times but over nothing really major. Anyway we saw each other over the weekend and I could tell there was something wrong. Tonight she said that she thinks we want different things. I asked her what she meant and this was a brief reasons.

1) I want to save to buy an house but she wants to do lots of other things in life so we wouldn't be able to do both. I'm the only one working at the moment so yeah money would be tight for a while but for a good reason.

2) I'm not interested in getting engaged or married but she is. We've broke up a lot due to her calling it off over petty things and she's not working and that's why I'm not interested in further commitment yet and she said that my time is running out because of my age.

3) I'm not interested in living together and she is. My point 2 above is the reason why. Because she isn't working she would lose all her government entitlements and I would have to support her and her son financially.

4) She doesn't want to be left on her own because I would die before her. If I didn't die she doesn't want to be left caring for a pensioner while she still wants to enjoy her life.

5) I'm more subdued and less full of life.

I explained my opinion and she's basically ended the relationship. I think her biggest concern was that I said I'm not willing to commit to getting engaged until the relationship is stable for a number of months .

What are your thoughts?

The age difference is big and seeing that she's unemployed with a kid, I think you should find someone who wants what you want, that can support themselves and won't rely on you. Really don't get ppl that date jobless individuals...Are you wanting to be financially supporting someone? I def wouldn't. I'd want to date someone who's hardworking and ambitious, who isn't just doing nothing with their life.

The dying before her thing is hilarious. She can't be certain that will happen-ppl die young all the time.

She's a gold digger and she sees you as a sugar daddy. She wants you to take care of her, become the daddy to her kid, and she's been trying to control you by breaking up with you to try to get you to come crawling back. Don't go crawling back. Tell her to have a nice life, and date someone older the next time.

She's not got much going for her, certainly in financial terms, but you've told her you're not interested in living together or getting married. So you just want to date indefinitely? Lots of people would want a relationship to progress into something more solid, so if you've told her neither of those options are on the cards then it's right that she finds someone who wants the same goals.

Why are you even still with her? What does she have to offer beyond a bit of bedroom action? And what would she be bringing to the table should you agree to her wishes?

Honestly, it sounds like she wants someone to financially support her and her child until she is ready to move on and get on with her life without your support.

Follow your path and forget about her. There is a world of far less cumbersome women out there to have relationships with.

My gf is 24 and I'm 37 so a big age gap and we've been together just over one year. The relationship as been rocky and not very stable to say the least. She's called it off a few times but over nothing really major. Anyway we saw each other over the weekend and I could tell there was something wrong. Tonight she said that she thinks we want different things. I asked her what she meant and this was a brief reasons.

1) I want to save to buy an house but she wants to do lots of other things in life so we wouldn't be able to do both. I'm the only one working at the moment so yeah money would be tight for a while but for a good reason.

2) I'm not interested in getting engaged or married but she is. We've broke up a lot due to her calling it off over petty things and she's not working and that's why I'm not interested in further commitment yet and she said that my time is running out because of my age.

3) I'm not interested in living together and she is. My point 2 above is the reason why. Because she isn't working she would lose all her government entitlements and I would have to support her and her son financially.

4) She doesn't want to be left on her own because I would die before her. If I didn't die she doesn't want to be left caring for a pensioner while she still wants to enjoy her life.

5) I'm more subdued and less full of life.

I explained my opinion and she's basically ended the relationship. I think her biggest concern was that I said I'm not willing to commit to getting engaged until the relationship is stable for a number of months .

What are your thoughts?

Wish her well and let her go.

Don't waste time and money on couple's therapy.

From the way you've worded this, she's really nothing much to you but a FWB.

You both conduct your lives from positions that are alien to one another.

Does she have any incentive or initiative to work to support herself or does she want to find someone to marry so she can sit at home and spend his money?

Find someone closer in age who understands building a stable future.

Archived