I don't have any friends

eboy3

Try looking for someone like yourself -- someone who is shy and keeps to himself, and go talk to him. Or maybe even a quiet, shy girl and talk to her. I met my best friend by just saying hi after a class by asking him what he thought of the class. Try to find a reason to talk to people.

First step is to take up a hobby or two (hobby/class) that happen in groups, where you are guaranteed social interaction, or at least the possibility of it. And at this, practice striking up conversations with strangers.

In the process of talking to these people you might find one or two you enjoy chatting to, next step is to be super brave and invite them out for coffee or them specific shared interest or some activity that sounds fun. Alternatively you could try hosting a dinner at your place and invite a few people. Making friends is pretty much exactly like dating, have to open a lot of people, not everyone will click, not everyone who clicks will want to add you to their life, but they only way to meet people who do, is to get out there and meet people.

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t feel bad that you have no friends. “Friends” can be highly overrated,I say that cause a true friend is hard to find. it’s good to have some acquaintances, people you can hang out with and talk to , possibly build a friendship with. But to find a true friend is rare. Don’t get discouraged lots of times people can disappoint I personally find that to be the norm. However I try not to lose total faith in humanity and try to be friendly. Find something u are interested in like for example if u wanted to try church I know it sounds lame but churches have lots of get togethers , it’s not just listening to some guy preach. They have picnics and parties and a whole bunch of events that bring people together plus they are nicer and more eager to be your friend and make u feel welcome . I think it’s their way of scoring some kind of points with God but who knows. Anyway it’s just an idea. I wish u luck finding new friends

Archived