Girlfriend acts awkward I can't understand her

Bungaro

Hello guys! So I met this girl 1,5 months ago and since then we met regularly. She knew from the start that I want a relationship but it was really hard to move things. She was shy and I felt she is defensive (still cute, but avoided emotional talks). After a few weeks she said I am her boyfriend, introduced me to her friends and stuff but there wasn't even a kiss so I was quite surprised. Since than she told me about his past relationship which really left her broken and that she is afraid of it happening again. Her ex was a weirdo. Not long after, a few dates we said goodbye with a little kiss (or rather a pick) on the mouth. I thought than okay, now She might be more open or stuff and we could move and not stand in the same place. Since than we haven't moved, whenever I try to give her a proper kiss she closes her mouth to just a little pick. I touch her more often. I mentioned it but she always makes fun of this. I am so confused. I am not saying that I want to sleep with her. I could live without that but the fact that she shows so little emotions, always make fun of deep conversations and I don't know what I mean to her really bothers me. I compliment her a lot, she only gives back 40% of it with a little 'yeah I miss you too' and stuff like this. I kinda feel alone or I don't even know what to think. You know the awkward feeling when two people meet for the first times...it is still here with us. Do you have any good advice on my situation?

Perhaps you could talk to her about opening up more or if there is something that would make her more comfortable towards the relationship. It is important to not make this about you, but rather in the context of both of you as a couple so she doesn't feel pressured.

I am a little surprised you opt for a partner you don't seem to click with, or are uncomfortable around, as this seems somewhat forced. You could also ask if you could get to know each other more, before entering a relationship in order to take any pressure off. This is either an issue about time or compatibility. You need to find out which it is.

Btw I am also not a very emotional person. I am friendly and can be seen as outgoing, but my personality doesn't favor talks about feelings. I too make it into something funny and my verbal demonstrations of love come from jokes. If she is similar, then this may be an incompatibiliy issue instead.

You are the second guy in two days I've read about who thinks a withholding gf (whether emotionally, physically or both) is "cute."

Whenever you try to get real with her, she laughs or makes a joke?

Nevermind trying to understand her, look within to determine why you're drawn to this (which you are otherwise you'd walk away after only 1.5 months) and find all this cute.

It's not cute, she's got issues. Intimacy, commitment, sexually , emotionally, who knows - what story are you telling youself that makes all this "cute" to you?

The challenge?

I'm not judging her (or you), I've struggled with my own share of issues in the past especially after my LTR ended a couple of years ago.

I'm just genuinely curious what your thoght process is, you may have your own issues/fears (subconsciously), and dealing with them passively through her more active ones.

I don't say that the way she avoided these talks is cute. That is annoying. She as a person is charming and cute. She is loyal and she has a lot that every guy is looking for in a girl. And she is beautiful as hell:). So I was kinda hoping that eventually she would trust me and give up this distance making attitude or what.

So I think that I should stick to her because maybe it just needs time you know, to grow or something. Anyhow it makes me nervous how I don't know what is going on and I don't want to rush to her with these emotional questions, that could kill the small atraction that built up...

You haven't known her very long, so I can see why she's not ready to open up to you completely. You're still getting to know each other.

However, she might not really be ready to date yet. What happened in her last relationship that has affected her so much? It sounds like she is exercising caution but doesn't know how to let down her guard enough to foster a healthy connection with you.

You could see how things unfold over the next month or so, but you need to identify where your own limits are too. It isn't reasonable to try to have a relationship with someone who is not able or open to building any type of emotional intimacy with you.

Archived