Jw137

I am 39 years old and have met an amazing 42 year old woman. We hit it off instantly and have been dating for 6 weeks now. She has spent every weekend at my house since our first date. We have been moving kind of fast; sex after 3 days of meeting and every time we’re together. She initiated. All my feelings for her have been reciprocated and then some. She definitely desires a long term relationship as I do. The problem is that the closer I get to this girl, the more my anxiety mounts. I know feeling this way is absurd especially since everything is going great. Even a delay in texting causes me anxiety now and I do not enjoy this. People say, just let it go and enjoy the ride. How exactly does one just let this go? Any advice would be appreciated as it is interfering with my happiness.

Is there a reason, deep down, do you think for this...anxiety?

Yes.... try NOT to worry about a late text reply... As soon as you BOTH accept thst we are NOT always sitting my our phones, you can get over that.

Is different if you havent gotten a reply after many hours.. unless you are aware that person is out,,, had plans.

If YOU feel it is maybe going a little too much..too fast, then you NEED to communicate!

Try not to lose yourself in this.

You ARE still allowed to have a life outside this...relationship. So... don't always agree to have her over there..every wknd!

What may end up happening is should it slow down a bit...which it may, as the honeymoon phase kicks out, you may come to ASSUME something is up. Which often it doesn't. It just isnt as wild & crazy anymore.

So.. how about telling her that you can't do this every wknd... like it is 'expected. She should also have a life...friends, etc.

Arrange maybe 2 weekends a month?

The other weekends, maybe go out to movie or dinner.. but not the whole weekend... unless you can meet thru the week

and do that?

But.. if it is setting you off for some reason... for sure, look at what is going on and deal with it.

Wow...I think anyone would have anxiety going at that speed. You're not giving your heart or your mind time to get used to anything or time to sort your thoughts out.

It is going too fast and what will happen is you will burn out. It's like being on a amusement park ride, it will make your head spin (in a bad way) and it won't be a nice thing in the end.

Tell her you need to slow down a tad. It's not healthy going at full speed like this.

I would say anxiety is healthy in this situation. It's a way your body and mind is trying to tell you to slow down a bit and let yourself catch up and get your bearings. Going at that rate, things become a blur, and before you know it, it can feel like you are losing control of your own choices.

It's actually a red flag when someone pushes to go so fast. Slow it down so you can really get to know her and see how things are in a more sustainable pace.

Archived