Not ready for a relationship

Ncpeter12

About 3 months ago, i met this girl at a party and we hit it off. I got her number and she has been texting me each day since. We’ve gone on 5 dates in this past month, and each time we’re together i can tell that she is extremely into me, holding hands, lots of kissing, even mentioning things we can do in the future. She has also recently introduced me to a few of her close friends. However, i have noticed that the days after our dates she will become a little cold and distant, which unfortunately made me start to act a little needy and start to rush things into a relationship. I also find out 5 months ago she ended her long term relationship with her ex.

So last week we were hanging out, i ask her to be my gf, and she says yes. The next morning a get a long text about how shes not ready and the timing isnt right. I told her i understand and that we shouldnt be talking until she figures her stuff out.

I understand that i may just be a rebound, but i do like this girl and i believe there is a connection. We havent talked for a week. I dont plan on initiating any contact, but i am really bummed that this didnt work out. Im wondering if anyone has any experience or advice on this situation. Can it work out eventually?

Yeah i understand why you would feel bummed. Don't be hard on yourself that u acted needy. You liked her :)

Would the tide turn in your favour? No one knows because the ball is entirely in her confusing, hot and cold court.

Do not contact her until she contacts you. Meanwhile, keep moving on with your life. You have got to do it.

If she contacts you, be calm and cheerful.

Be careful with this hot and cold thing. If it goes on for too long you will need to move on from her.

Sorry to hear this. It sounds like she was trying to convince you and mostly herself that she has "moved on". It sounds like she may still be talking to this guy or someone else. Stay no contact, don't crowd her and wait until she contacts you.

So last week we were hanging out, i ask her to be my gf, and she says yes. The next morning a get a long text about how shes not ready and the timing isnt right.

Archived