Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: From Obese to fit... first step on my journey!

Hi guys, a little disappointed to find I've put 2 pound on this week. I don't think it's anything to worry about and is just one of those things. I'm into a pair of 46 inch jeans now (as well as the 46 inch chinos I mentioned the other day).

I've been careful with what I'm eating as well as the gym and walking. Weight can fluctuate, so as I say I'm not letting it get me down.

Yes, it can happen. Weight can definitely fluctuate when you are first trying to lose weight. Don't let that bother you. Just keep moving forward.
    Watch your calorie count, portion size and exercise....you can do this!!!!

I think many people have the misconception that you need to diet like crazy and lose the weight within a month. That's not healthy. In fact, most doctors and dieticians will tell you that slow and steady is far better. It also gives your body a way better chance of keeping the weight off.

You are doing great! I am so happy for you and that you're choosing health for yourself! Well done. :)

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Yes, it can happen. Weight can definitely fluctuate when you are first trying to lose weight. Don't let that bother you. Just keep moving forward.
    Watch your calorie count, portion size and exercise....you can do this!!!!

I think many people have the misconception that you need to diet like crazy and lose the weight within a month. That's not healthy. In fact, most doctors and dieticians will tell you that slow and steady is far better. It also gives your body a way better chance of keeping the weight off.

You are doing great! I am so happy for you and that you're choosing health for yourself! Well done. :)
    Thanks SherrySher

I've stuck at it this week, and I walked 5 miles last night. I weighed myself yesterday morning and I seemed to be back down to 21 stone 6. I have had my treat day today (instead of tomorrow) primarily because I've a stinking cold coming on and feel rubbish, I figured the extra calories should help my body fight the cold.

Normally I could look to rest this weekend, however I've got a concert tomorrow with an orchestra....will have to see how I feel in the morning.

Evening guys!
    Another good week, and my weight is back down to where I was hoping it would be after that short blip.

I've had a rethink on the whole 'dieting'. I had been eating low fat ready meals, but I've realised that this really isn't going to work as a long term plan. I'm focused now on smaller portions, and increase in protein to aide the gym work on the weights. I've also consciously trying to cut back on the amount of carbs I'm taking in. Instead of low-fat crisps for snacks, I'm trying out slices of fresh peppers.

Tonights dinner was two lean steak's (very lean) with broccoli (I love broccoli) and cauliflower. Followed by natural yogurt with strawberries. I'm also trying to not add sugar on to foods either.

Positive steps, and feeling better about myself!

Platinum Member
    Don't be afraid of eating fat! There are tons of healthy fats that your body not only needs, but they will help you feel satiated.

Avocados, olive oil, walnuts, oils from fatty fish (salmon, etc), coconut oil....there are many.

Thanks LHgirl!
    Itís interesting reading that it recommendeds full fat Greek yogurt over low fat (I went with low fat in the end) and the same with things like mayonnaise.

Have to say Iím feeling even more excited about this weight loss journey, enjoyed prepping dinner tonight.

Plus itís good to be improving my culinary skills, I hope to cook a meal for a lady at some point!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Dalesboy
    Plus itís good to be improving my culinary skills, I hope to cook a meal for a lady at some point!
    Well she'll be a lucky lady.

Originally Posted by LHGirl
    Well she'll be a lucky lady.
    Ha, well that depends on the quality of my cooking!

Feeling really positive about this change. Planning to walk a couple of miles tonight then the gym tomorrow (missed it over the weekend due to this cold).

Evening guys (well it is here in the UK).

Things are going well with my new eating regime. I'm enjoying cooking....snacks are now in the form of small plum tomatoes and cut up pieces of red peppers. Best of all, it's showing on the scales. Tonight I had gammon, one egg and broccoli and cauliflower, all low carb veg, followed by natural yogurt and strawberries.

Went to the gym earlier too, first time in over a week due to my cold. Good to be back into it!

Sorry for the constant posts, I find writing here keeps me focused.

Well, seen as it's nearly a month from the last photo, and I'm feeling positive....here is one from tonight....and I'm sort of smiling too!
    [Register to see the link]

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice