Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: From Obese to fit... first step on my journey!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Dalesboy
    Morning all!
    Well I weighed myself yesterday morning and I was showing a weight now of 21 stone 6 pounds....so it seems to be working. I stupidly weighed myself again this morning and was half a pound heavier....I doubt that's an issue. I've been really focused this week and I'm keeping the exercise up.
    Stupid scale, that is! You are doing everything right. The scale just needs to mind its manners and catch up with you.

Might be a good idea to have a "once a week only" weigh-in.

Have you ever watched "The Biggest Loser"? Those people work out like crazy, and their diet is very controlled, and some will still show a weight gain one week! While it's super frustrating, they keep at it, and the scale behaves its bad self.

Originally Posted by LHGirl
    Stupid scale, that is! You are doing everything right. The scale just needs to mind its manners and catch up with you.

Might be a good idea to have a "once a week only" weigh-in.

Have you ever watched "The Biggest Loser"? Those people work out like crazy, and their diet is very controlled, and some will still show a weight gain one week! While it's super frustrating, they keep at it, and the scale behaves its bad self.
    Hehe!
    I'm my own worst enemy sometimes!
    I sometime will weigh myself in an evening just so I know I can knock a couple of pounds off in my head.

I'm going to start being strict and weighing in once a week. Treat day today....then back to the gym tomorrow evening!

21 stone 6 I'm really pleased with, it's the lowest I've been for 8 years!

Platinum Member
    Weigh once a week, with the same amount of clothes on (or naked, my personal preference as my clothes weigh at least 10 lbs. ), at the same time every day (morning, as if I magically lost lbs. overnight, lol).

I'm working on my own pesky 10 lbs., which is a lot for my height (I sniff 5'3"). So I'm right there with ya!

This is fantastic! Please keep your progress updates going… And if you need any help and support ask there’s lots of us on here that have some experience with what you’re trying to do :-)

Weigh once a week, with the same amount of clothes on (or naked, my personal preference as my clothes weigh at least 10 lbs. ), at the same time every day (morning, as if I magically lost lbs. overnight, lol).

I'm working on my own pesky 10 lbs., which is a lot for my height (I sniff 5'3"). So I'm right there with ya!
    Ha, I'm in total agreement! Why wear clothes when they are going to add further weight on the scales!

Originally Posted by maew
    This is fantastic! Please keep your progress updates going… And if you need any help and support ask there’s lots of us on here that have some experience with what you’re trying to do :-)
    Awww thanks Maew!
    This thread and support certainly inspires me!

So that's me treat meal, it wasn't over the top but I had a desert too at the local restaurant. I'll have a cooked breakfast in the morning and then I'm back on watching what I eat, plus the gym tomorrow night. Eating this early will also go some way into burning things off before bed.

I finish work for the summer (I'm a music teacher) at the end of the first week of July. I'd like to be down to 20st 7Ibs by then (currently 21st 6IBs). I give myself these little targets, not the end of the world if I don't hit them exactly, as long as I'm losing weight.

The next target after that is to be down to 18st 7Ibs by the time I start back at work beginning to mid September.

I'll post another photo when I get under 21st.

Platinum Member
    Yeah, the only problem with weighing naked is when the doctor's office asks you to weigh.

Keep it up, dale!

I'm U.S., so I weigh in lbs. only. But I'm shooting for 1 stone.

Yeah, the only problem with weighing naked is when the doctor's office asks you to weigh.

Keep it up, dale!

I'm U.S., so I weigh in lbs. only. But I'm shooting for 1 stone.
    Yeah, I've always done stone and pounds, I'll put pounds up too on the next weigh in.
    I think the first stone lost will be the biggest incentive to push on after several failed starts over the past few years.

This is all really positive! Thanks for the support!

Tom

A really good work out this evening. Pushed myself to 20 minutes power walking with a rolling gradient, 10 minutes on the bike and a full 5 minutes on the cross trainer. That's the longest cardio work out I've done so far......and I noticed the bike getting easier.

Good workout on the weights too........feeling really quite good. I finish work for the summer at the beginning of July so will be looking at upping my gym visits a week from 2 to 3.

The day after my 24 hour treat day is always difficult, especially as I've been at home with little to do. Back at work tomorrow so there is enough to occupy me through out the day.

Not going to give in, as I'll only regret it. Looking at the bigger picture!

Just a little update.
    A few years ago, at my heaviest I was a 54-56inch waist. I've just got into a new pair of chinos.....46 inch waist! Made my day!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice