Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112
Results 111 to 116 of 116

Thread: From Obese to fit... first step on my journey!

  1. #111
    Platinum Member boltnrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,582
    I have the opposite issue, anxiety and depression have caused me to lose 15 percent of my normal body weight. None of my clothes fit, I look skeletal and my skin is hanging. I look like crap. No matter how much I try to stuff myself I keep losing weight. I thought my new antidepressant would make me gain weight, but no.

    So I will take whatever weight you want to give me!

    You sound positive and confident. I believe you will reach your goal.

  2. #112
    Silver Member Dalesboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    402
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    I have the opposite issue, anxiety and depression have caused me to lose 15 percent of my normal body weight. None of my clothes fit, I look skeletal and my skin is hanging. I look like crap. No matter how much I try to stuff myself I keep losing weight. I thought my new antidepressant would make me gain weight, but no.

    So I will take whatever weight you want to give me!

    You sound positive and confident. I believe you will reach your goal.
    Sorry to hear that 'boltnrun', it's not nice either way when your mental health has this effect on you.

    I'm really determined to stick at it this time. I've always hated being overweight, and dreamt of looking.....nice (I know I shouldn't think that way) but being overweight has always been such a negative part of my life. I don't feel the remotest bit attractive.

  3. #113
    Silver Member Dalesboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    402
    Gender
    Male
    Yesterday I did my first spell of volunteering on a heritage railway, working on steam locomotives. This is the first time I've been out to help since New Years Day 2020. I had begun to put weight on, and found it hard to face people. Then lockdown happened.

    Planning to get down again soon if I can.

    I did treat myself to naughty non low carb food yesterday and I'm about 3 pound heavier this morning. I'm not too worried, that will have gone by tomorrow.

    Onwards.

  4. #114
    Platinum Member boltnrun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    14,582
    Do you write down on a calendar every time you choose to "treat" yourself to foods that are not conducive to weight loss? You may be surprised how often you choose to do that. It becomes a snowball effect.

    I recommend a food calendar where you notate what you eat each day as well as the exercise you do. It can be eye opening.

    Also, instead of using food as a reward, how about using something else like a small purchase or watching a "guilty pleasure" TV program? Get used to viewing food in a different way, not as a source of reward or comfort but as a means to provide healthy fuel for your body.

  5.  

  6. #115
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    52,425
    Originally Posted by Dalesboy
    Yesterday I did my first spell of volunteering on a heritage railway, working on steam locomotives. This is the first time I've been out to help since New Years Day 2020. I had begun to put weight on, and found it hard to face people. Then lockdown happened.

    Planning to get down again soon if I can.

    I did treat myself to naughty non low carb food yesterday and I'm about 3 pound heavier this morning. I'm not too worried, that will have gone by tomorrow.

    Onwards.
    Wonderful! I made a commitment about my eating right when the pandemic began in March - very specific targeted toward my weaknesses and a habit I stopped in late July of 2019. Making that specific commitment about that specific thing helped a lot because I am constantly making and preparing food and shopping for my family and we have plenty of junk around. Sometimes it's been really hard to stick to it but the personal commitment helps.

  7. #116
    Silver Member Dalesboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    402
    Gender
    Male
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    Do you write down on a calendar every time you choose to "treat" yourself to foods that are not conducive to weight loss? You may be surprised how often you choose to do that. It becomes a snowball effect.

    I recommend a food calendar where you notate what you eat each day as well as the exercise you do. It can be eye opening.

    Also, instead of using food as a reward, how about using something else like a small purchase or watching a "guilty pleasure" TV program? Get used to viewing food in a different way, not as a source of reward or comfort but as a means to provide healthy fuel for your body.
    I don't write things down, but since I've started my weekly injections (new drug called ozempik) to reduce my HBA1C levels, my appetite has reduced significantly. I'm careful what I eat, and at the moment I'm just having one day of more carby food.

    Things aren't how they use to be, at one time I couldn't help but binge on a treat day. I discovered on Saturday I just don't have that desire to eat like that. I've struggled with over spending and comfort buying, so I'm reluctant to use that as 'treats' at the moment.

    So far, so good, but I'm willing to make changes if it stops working. :)

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112

Videos


Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •