I'm sick of it! How do you guys manage?

Elavohra

So, my father and I always, like all the times end up in arguments.

I am a girl with hell lots of flaws and its not like I don't work upon it. I do, but somehow the tone of my voice always makes feel everyone that I am arguing.

I am very vocal, even if I talk normally it seems to everyone that I am shouting not only this I laugh out loud as well.

Plus, I swear a lot. My father because of this always stay angry with me. I totally get it.

However, I don't understand why even a simplest of a topic always ends up in an argument with him? It's like whenever we talk it will not even take a fraction of minutes to turn into an argument.

I am now 26 years old and now I am sick of it. I don't want to have arguments anymore. I just can't do anything about my voice. I have tried knowing some treatments for sharp and loud voice. But there aren't any. Perhaps I am not good at expressing things. My body build up and face is also aggressive type.

It's like any topic or discussion or talk will end up on me even if I am not involved.

I want to stay away from all this. What should I do? How should I manage? I don't care that if anyone is understanding my point of view or not. I am done! Neither I am anymore interested to put my point on anything. I want to shut my mouth forever whether I am right or wrong.

Do you live at home? Why are you bothering with all the debates? It's time to see a doctor and get a check up for physical, neurological or mood/personality issues that can be treated and make you feel better, less angry/aggressive and more in control of your emotions/actions.

I swear a lot. I am now 26 years old and now I am sick of it. I don't want to have arguments anymore.

Eh, you might have a dad that likes to argue or lectures you. You'll have to give more information for me to figure him out.

As for your voice, you should see if you can find a voice and articulation class at a local adult education class or at a nearby school. I took one when I was in college and within one semester, I was able to eliminate my accent totally and improve my speaking and diction tremendously. (I had to let my accent back a little bit because people thought I was talking funny.) You can also take some theater, TV or radio performance classes. All of them will help you deliver your words better and modulate your voice.

I'd consider that Dad is probably not the only one put off by your tone and expletives, so I'd get a check on that for an overall advantage in my general social skills.

How about giving us some examples of your convo's with Dad going bad, and maybe we can help you turn that around?

You seem to put a lot of blame on your voice. Is this something you truly believe is a problem or something that your dad (or anyone else) thinks as a one? Do you have any friends or relatives in your life that you agree with and rarely fight? Let's paraphrase a saying: Before you diagnose yourself with anything, make sure you aren't, in fact, surrounded by incompatible people.

Archived