Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: ex left me for someone else?

This is the best kind of rambling, haha, rambling with substance and meaning. It's nice to see the perspective of someone who used to do the hurting and has now changed. It's nice to know that its possible because sometimes it seems hopeless. For some people it might be, but im happy for you. "Because at the end of the day you really only feel as "good" as you treat other people, and once you get that, and can live by that, everything just expands." That is the truest most refreshing thing i've read. I think a lot of people dont know or believe that but i really do. And if more people did the world would no doubt be a better place. I for one am not someone who can hurt someone without feeling even worse myself. I'm not a revenge seeker either, no matter how much someone has wronged me. The best i can do is withdraw myself from the situation, which in this case i have to the best of my ability. I won't bother wishing karma on anyone anymore either. I think it's obvious karma tends to happen anyway, which may help people try to be better people in the long run. Karma has many ways of showing itself. I wont plan for anything to happen in the future in regards to my ex, but making amends with someone who hurt you i think helps both parties, so im happy you got to that point thats so ideal in a crappy situation. Living a lie full of deceit is a shame and a horrible way to live and i dont wish it upon anyone including my ex. And yes you do have plenty of years on us we are both very young, 21, which does give me hope he could grow and change in a positive way. He is very immature just like the majority of guys/people this age group. Makes me a bit scared to date again. lol. I have to say i feel way better now than i did when i started my threads on here. Healing is tricky business and i know ill have more ups and downs. I still think about the situation everyday. Im still capable of being brought to tears with any thought associated with him, positive or negative. But its happening significantly less frequently and the emotions are slowly lessening in intensity. I feel much better all around than i did three months ago, and even better now thanks to the advice and support ive gotten and people like you! So im extremely grateful for that. I feel my mind is calmer, and im falling in love with myself again. Also, not to brag but tomorrow will be 100 days since ive last contacted him. And for that i am proud. :)

I see your point, though i dont think its something anyone can every know. People are too different, and express themselves and show love and respect in different ways. I think theres people who maybe loved them but fell out of love, or loved as much as they were personally able given whatever toxicity their persona has picked up through life and trauma, etc. I almost dont think its an issue based on love as much as an issue based on individuals unhealthy way of thinking or being. Im not sure if i can explain what im thinking properly but what im trying to say is, I could never cheat on or abuse someone whether i love them or even liked them, because its not in my nature. So when people do this i think its much beyond just saying "they didnt love you and thats why they could do what they did." Nothing is that simple.

Originally Posted by marlowe1996
    I could never cheat on or abuse someone whether i love them or even liked them, because its not in my nature. So when people do this i think its much beyond just saying "they didnt love you and thats why they could do what they did." Nothing is that simple.
    Sweet Marlowe, my wish for you is that you come away from this refusing to accept anything less than you are willing to give and believing that you are deserving of it.

I will make sure that happens. And I wish the same for you. I appreciate your patience and support for me. Thank you for being so kind.

21! Wherever it comes from, Marlowe, you've just got a deep well of compassion and humanity in you. I hope that doesn't sound condescending, because I mean it just the opposite: I'm nearly twice your age and appreciate your wisdom. You're helping me see things, giving hope. I'm so sorry you're in pain today, and sorry for what you're going through, but, my god, I think you're going to look back on this time and realize it really only served to brighten your light, not dim anything.

Iím glad i can be inspiring without even trying! Especially when iím at my lowest, thatís quite the compliment. I truly hope youíre right and this all turns out for the best. I know this experience is helping me grow in ways i never thought possible. Always a bright side to everything i suppose. :)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Give Advice
Ask For Advice