My BF betrayed me (How do i deal with this?)

Well so i found out yesterday that my bf has been talking to a former friend (someone who betrayed me in a major way) behind my back about everything that has been happening between us ( i live with him) and also about my family issues.. all these things i discussed with him confidentially and privately. i mean i shared these things with him because he is my partner and trusted him and he has also shared with me a lot of private things... anyway when my former friend called and he told me that you need to stop telling your boyfriend things he is embarrassing you ...he is telling me and other people all your business as well as family issues.. i asked him what exactly he had been talking about and he told me.. oh my dear i wanted to die of shame and humiliation... I haven't confronted him yet but wow I'm beyond embarrassed...everything, even little comments i have made about anything.. he was even bragging and laughing about kicking me out of his place.. ( right now i cant afford to go and live on my own) but how do i face him after all this I'm so angry i feel betrayed.. he will back soon from work... i wish i had somewhere to stay i just don't want to be with him anymore.. i have so much resentment towards him.. to find out your partner had been saying all these nasty things behind my back has been heart-breaking.. how am i going survive this even facing my family members... i'm helpless, i need advice..

I think what you should do, if you are choosing to leave him, is do it quietly and without any explanation. Maybe just say that you know what he has been telling your former friend and leave it at that. Pack up your most important things, go to a friends house, and leave him hanging. That's what I would do, in any case. This man does not deserve any more of your time or energy. The fact that he was laughing at your situations proves that he doesn't care about your emotional well being, and therefore, is completely undeserving of your time and energy. Change your number. Delete him from social media. Why should you give him an explanation or a conversation about the situation if he disrespected you in this way? You're more important than that.

Agree with above that I'd pack my stuff and go couch surfing at friend's or relative's until you can get your own place. It's not only what he has done, it's his attitude toward you - zero respect, power tripping, and stabbing you in the back while laughing about it. Yeah, I'd give him zero explanations as well other than just to let him know that I know what he has been saying behind my back. There is nothing to discuss or talk about here. He is a snake and a poisonous one at that.

You need to pack your things and get out now. Not because he gossiped but because he has zero respect for you. Stay with friends/family until you can get a place, even if it's a room/sharehouse whatever.

he was even bragging and laughing about kicking me out of his place.. ( right now i cant afford to go and live on my own)

Thank you everyone anyway i’m at my mum’s at the moment, anyway i found out he had been telling lies and my former friend had also spreadit around ( he is such a gossiper)...... i feel very humiliated .. im so angry .... sometimes i feel like i want to die .. how can i get over this betrayal???

Archived