Is my girlfriend probably lying?

AEF1111

So my girlfriend and I broke up a little over a week ago. We dated 7 months living together. She ended the relationship because we were having arguements and I told her I needed a night to myself in my own RV (which is 50yards away from hers/we live in a RV park and I always sleep in her RV). She broke up because she has intense abandonment issues and couldn't take that even though I told her where I'd be. We did get back together a couples days ago and are talking issues through.

Long story short, we went to a concert last night in a town where she has lots of guy friends. We were enjoying the show with her 10 year daughter when out of nowhere this guy (I don't recognize) walks up and stares at her. She ignores it or maybe didn't notice... I'm not sure. He walks away but then comes right back and stares at her again (with him being right next to us), but this time he really leans in and stares at her. This guy looks angry and chooses not acknowledge me, but stares at her intensely.

She then can't help but take note of him and he then abruptly walks around me and hugs her. Still holding tight to her he proceedes to talk in her ear. He's very close to her and his entire vibe seems intense, upset, and with adrenaline. I couldn't hear his words. She looked shocked, but had it been a stranger I'm almost certain she'd resist. She then said something back to him.

He then abruptly backs off her looking pissed off and gives me a slight shove as he darted off in to the crowd. So I asked her "who is that?" She shruggs (still looking shocked) and says "I don't know him." I'm thinking... 'yea right...' I say "well he seems to know you." She shruggs again and asked if I'm mad. I say "no" and say "you don't know him?" She shakes her head, looks back at the stage, then turns back and kisses me on the cheek. After the kiss she looks at me to see what I'm feeling/thinking. I can feel that.

Later while away from the stage I ask what he said. She replied that he said "do you want help removing loosers from your life?And something about bad decisions on her part." She chalked it up to it just being a weirdo. Which maybe it was... ?

The rest of the night she can tell it's on my mind. She looks stressed while at the same time seeming to have fun. After the show she looked very stressed and the most of the car ride home (an hour) she tried filling in the akward silences with obvious fillers. She also seemed willing to be way more agreeable and doting than normal. Also she was very figity with her hands. Something was on her mind for certain.

I feel like she knew the guy and is lying about it. We did break up for a week and I know sometimes that goes with talking to others, but don't lie about it.... I naturally want to believe her, but I have a hard time believing that was just some stranger being weird.

Is my desire to believe the best clouding my judgement? Or am I being paranoid? Any thoughts?

This guy was not a stranger to her. She knows who he is, and she didn't expect to run into him while she was with you. She tried to ignore him and hoped he'd go away without causing a scene, but when she realized he wasn't going anywhere, she had no choice but to acknowledge him.

So no, I would not believe for a moment she had no clue who he was. She does. She just doesn't want to tell you. It could be someone she saw while you were apart; it could be an ex from the past. Either way, she knew him. No doubt in my mind.

I am new to this forum myself. In my opinion she is lying to hell and back. The problem with a situation like this is if she can be this deceptive right in front of your face, what is she capable of doing behined your back... If it were me i would walk, but it's your choice at the end of the day. Good luck pal ;)

You'll never know for sure whether she was or she wasn't and 'guesses' from us who weren't there aren't doing you any good. She broke up with you now (after a short 7 months) so that's that.

Now that you're back together, why are you dwelling on this? Either leave her and stay gone, or let this go and trust what she's told you is all you need to know. You're going to cause an emotional disconnect between the two of you with your paranoia.

I don't think it's paranoia. That is an abnormal, strange interaction with someone she supposedly doesn't know. Who lets a person hug you and talk to you like that? I think she knows him and is lying about it.

However, why does this guy matter? Yes it's unsettling, but I think you should approach her calmly and in a non-confrontational way that you are okay if she knows him or had a thing with him while broken up, but you want honesty. Assure her that her response will not make you upset.

It was a show by Modest Mouse if you're familiar with them. A lot of people were drunk and he did seemed to be intoxicated on something... I talked to her about it in a calm manner and she assured me he was some weird stranger and that stuff like this happens to her sometimes. But he seemed really angry! I thought maybe she had hooked up with him during our time apart and doesn't want to admit it. I also thought maybe she had invited him to the show while we were broke up and then decided to go with me once we mended things, hence that would upset another guy for sure. Idk? I want to trust her, but that guy seemed really angry at her and yes, I was surprised she let him get that close if it were just a stranger.

While it's completely possible she knew him, if she did, she came up with a pretty good lie. In the circumstances you guys were in, it is plausible some wierdo, possibly on drugs, could do that. I've never had a man move in on my girl in front of my face, but it has happened behind my back. If he was drunk or on drugs, it's possible.

Archived