Should I remain friends with him?

KellyBrason

I [22F] started out as friends with a foreign exchange student from Germany [21M]. We had an instant connection & began sleeping together most nights. That was for about 2 weeks. Then he began liking another girl from Spain and when I saw him holding hands with her, I decided to have a talk with him.

He told me that I was way too clingy because I'm always around and he saw me every day. Says it scares him that I always seem to run into him at the bars and that I am at his apartment too much.

So, I decided to give him space and this made me actually lose feelings for him. I realized that he was not the guy for me due to the way that he treated me. However, I continued to hang out with his friends and it really annoyed him that I was still around.

I thought things would be okay until the girl that he has now transitioned into seeing messaged him saying that I was psycho & that I threatened her. She told him that I was death glaring her at the bars & it really troubled her. She ended things with him under that pretense of me "being intimidating".

I am an overly kind person. I would never death glare someone or threaten anyone. And when I confronted her about it, she said it was a misunderstanding and that she had just "thought" she saw me giving her mean looks...

He now has told me that he thinks I'm crazy and that I am scaring him by always hovering. That I have been acting like a stalker.

I can honestly say that I have not been crazy in any way and I have not been stalking him haha. I don't see him every day and I do not go to places that he is at uninvited or alone. I only sleep over if he invites me and I leave at a reasonable time in the morning.

The problem is, while we were doing good and getting along well, I bought a plane ticket to visit him in Germany. It was expensive and is non-refundable. I still want to remain friends, I just don't know how to. I don't know if I should ever speak to him again when he leaves in 2 days. I want to but I don't want to continue making him uncomfortable. So shall I go to Germany anyways and just not visit him? Or should I give him a week of space then ask him if he still wants me to visit?

When you are being accused of being a stalker, psycho, crazy and being told so to your face and he is telling you that he doesn't want you around - take a hint and go away for real. Stop talking to him, stop trying to be his friend or staying over at his apartment. NO, do not go visiting him in Germany.

I'm reading your post about how he's going out with other girls and is accusing you of being crazy, and then you say you're still sleeping with him? Are you that desperate? Have some self respect. If any guy treats you that way, you should be out the door and never looking back. He's already controlling you to look the other way at his cheating and his insulting behavior. Hopefully you can learn to recognize when you're being treated like trash and to leave a relationship before it develops any further.

Cut off any further contact with this guy. Don't go to Germany because if you go, you'll just hook up with him anyways. Eat the cost of the ticket and move along.

Literally tell him to get over himself. Don't let him trample over you, and then say goodbye. Still go to Germany, but definitely without him. He is no friend and is treating you very poorly, like an enemy. You deserve people who treat you better.

Archived