Hello!

I have been together with my girlfriend around 3,5 years, but since about 1 year we live in different countries for studying purposes. We are both around 22. Some of my friends do different kinds of drugs(not often but it happens), I live in Amsterdam so it's unusually casual with these things. I would really love to try mushrooms and I often have the opportunity where I could. My girlfriend is very scared of drugs, hypochondriac and over protective. I know she would be sad and angry if I did it and she got to know, I can't say exactly how much it would affect her trust in me but definitely a lot. I have wanted to try these things since long before we were together but situation never presented itself. If I see it as a choice between staying with her and doing mushrooms then the choice is of course simple, I want to be together with her, she's my best friend. But I don't want to decide, I'm still young and if I would stay with her for the rest of my 20s, maybe the rest of my life, I think I would be miserable if I didn't take the chance to get these experiences.

Whats your opinion?

(Please no moralising about drugs I don't believe thats what this is about.)

I tried mushrooms and it was cool. I've also had numerous relationships in my life. I am in a great relationship right now, and I can tell you that I wouldn't trade my relationship for the mushrooms experience. No way.

If you're intent on doing mushrooms, be honest with your girlfriend. Maybe you can persuade her to stay anyway.

Talk to her about it. Tell her that it's something you want to experience. It seems you've already made your decision, if so, don't ask her if she agrees just to be defensive about it later on. Just tell her I've decided to try shrooms, I really want this experience, or something. Either way, it's waaaay better than her finding out you lied about it.

I'm not against drugs, but with mushrooms things can get weird, I've been told. If you try them, please make sure you are with responsible and experienced users; at a safe place and I'm not sure, but I think it's recommended to have a sober one around?

Archived