Never grew leg hair? (male)

Hey guys so this is pretty weird and I apologize if a little too personal, but I just wanted to ask for some input on it!

I'm 20 and I never grew any hair on my legs. I did grow a decent amount of facial, armpit and other hair. However, my legs are completely smooth except for a little tinnny bit on my knees. I've always felt a bit insecure about this since everyone I know does grow leg hair. Again, I know this is strange but I've really been wondering what it could be. I have a ginger complexion so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. I was also put on a ton of medications for my asthma when I was 3-4, including steroids which I heard can cause issues with random stuff. Otherwise I have no idea! Any tips for feeling not so insecure about it are welcome.

Thanks!!

No hair on the legs, that's a good thing in my opinion. Why does it bother you so much? Is it manliness, the ladies or what?

Do you know 1 of 3 guys shave their legs? I think you have a leg up, pun intended.

I have minimal hair on my legs and have never had an issue. It's a good thing you should be using to your advantage amigo.

Well, redheads generally have less hair than other people, and for girls, the hair on their legs is often blonde and doesn't need to be shaved, of only shaved rarely. You're also only 20. As you age, you'll get more hair. Also, if you wear tight pants, you can actually wear down light hair on your legs. So don't worry about it.

By the way, I don't think think 1 out of 3 guys shave their legs unless they're all swimmers or body builders.

Well, redheads generally have less hair than other people, and for girls, the hair on their legs is often blonde and doesn't need to be shaved, of only shaved rarely. You're also only 20. As you age, you'll get more hair. Also, if you wear tight pants, you can actually wear down light hair on your legs. So don't worry about it.

By the way, I don't think think 1 out of 3 guys shave their legs unless they're all swimmers or body builders.

I know/have known plenty of men who shave their legs for a variety of reasons. One was a guy I was dating and he told me it was for when he was cycling (though it wasn’t competitive). It’s not unusual and plenty of people think body hair is unsightly. For me personally I think it depends on the individual. As a ginger or blonde I wouldn’t expect to see much if any body hair.

I usually only notice body hair if there’s a lot of it or I find it unattractive. Personally I’d rather have no hair on my legs and I’d likely be a little envious if I was to date you 🤣

I actually do not like hairy guys. Just a personal preference of mine. It’s one of the reasons why I dated Asian and Hispanic men. :)

Don’t be bothered by it. There are some women out there who are like me.

i dont know how old you were but it actually works to my advantage with females.. I am mixed and some of my family/ancestors are from the carribean area and They dont have much hair. I have like peach fuzz on my legs, no hair on my arms, just a little on chest, none of my back but i have like hair on my head, beard, armpit hair. A lot of my exes have loved it. I alot of females in general have liked it lol. People have accused me of shaving but i would be too lazy to spend that much time shaving my whole body.

Can I have your legs please? As a young girl, I remember there was a time I wouldn't shave consistently. Then one day a friend wondered how far the situation got because all I wore were pants. She lifted the cuff up, then yelled " OMG it's a forest!" and proceeded to call over her boyfriend to take a look, like she struck gold. I ran away like nobody's buisiness. My brother also liked to pull my leg hair through my pants, it was so long. I shave at least every other day now.

I don't think it's a big deal. It doesn't make you more manly to have hair. One of my friends in high school was Chinese. He was quite manly, with angular features and nice musculature. I never noticed that he had so little body hair until we did a skit for a school assignment. He wore a sundress for his role. That's when I noticed how smooth his arms and legs were. He already knew, and it made the whole dress thing even funnier. Anyway, that's when I realized that different nationalities have different types of body hair.

Well, redheads generally have less hair than other people, and for girls, the hair on their legs is often blonde and doesn't need to be shaved, of only shaved rarely.

I've actually seen a couple of hairy gingers. I think it depends on what region of the world they are from. If they are English/Irish, they probably do not have a whole lot of body hair. I have dark, fine hair, but my complexion is pretty much blonde. My hair was very light when I was a child. I have very little body hair. You can hardly see it on my arms and legs. Although if I don't shave for a while, you can see it around my ankles.

Another thing is that people are used to the fact that tighter clothing often restricts hair growth. My boyfriend has no hair in the area of his ankles because of his socks. And I've seen guys with no hair on their upper arms because of their shirt sleeves.

If you get comfortable with it, people will probably not even notice or care. But if you make an issue of it, people will probably care more about it than it deserves, mainly because they are reacting to your insecurity. People freak out over insecurity.

• 1 month later...

Archived