I need some serious workout plan.

Not serious as to get bulk and anything but if anyone can give me some kind of workout/diet plan for my goals then it would be great. I really want to lose some more weight and get defined all around. any suggestions? I rather not pay for programs or anything.

There are phone apps you can try for different levels. I saw one advertised that looked easy and convenient with exercises that you can do at home. There are lots of heart healthy recipes you can get for free on line.

Me I'm just starting with going for walks. Just need a pair of runners for that. Once I get my energy up, I'm going to start running again. That is something you can do any time and any where.

I like the Nike app. It's free and they have a pretty decent variety of different kinds of workouts to choose from. Not a huge fan of working out as I prefer outdoors and sports, but on those long rainy days it fixes my craving for exercise and they have enough variety that I don't get bored, which is a huge compliment to the app actually as I tend to get very very quickly bored with any workout routine.

To be honest, the best way to lose weight and stay fit is to join some kind of a sport group where you get the exercise, but it's more fun, you don't have to make yourself slog through exercise as such, and you have a bit of an obligation to go and practice, play, compete. Lots of things to do where it doesn't actually cost you anything to participate - co-ed groups, look on meetup.com for that, look around locally at YMCA if you are in the US, etc.

It'd be a lot of time and energy trying to tailor something up for you for free. What I will say is that near universally, adopting a smaller scale of your present diet and making subtle tweaks along the way renders far better long-term results than an abrupt change will, as will prioritizing activity over greatly reducing intake as a means to establish a calorie deficit.

I don't know how overweight you are (or if you're in fact not and just looking to tone up a bit), but being overweight or obese most often boils down to a lack of discipline, if not full-on addiction (one of the most prone to binging, to add), and for the vast majority of those looking to lose, you shouldn't fool yourself into thinking you've magically acquired the discipline to not just scale back your calories a by a couple hundred, but to completely revamp your diet to do so.

Eat what you eat, but less. Think of activity you like to do, and do more of it. Drink plenty of water, too. It's easy for many to confuse thirst with hunger. Incorporating weight training is always a good thing, but unless you're brand, brand new to any sort of weight training or you're severely overweight, you'll be lifting to prevent muscle loss, not to build lean mass while on a deficit.

Have you consulted with a trainer? Its one thing to solicit online advice (to which you will get a million answers), but its another for someone to do an evaluation of your current state/baseline and then propose a training regimen that is crafted toward your goals and availability. The second step is to evaluate your diet via the trainer (or preferably a dietitian).

The last things are accountability to yourself in terms of going through the workout (emphasis on correct form and repetitions), maintaining your frequency and progression of the plan and recording what you do in the gym/bootcamp/whatever.

Also, cut your processed sugar intake. It will have a dramatic effect on how sore you are due to its impact on nerve compression throughout the body. (Please read "Sugar Crush" by Dr. Richard Jacoby)

Edit: Just saw J.Man's advice. Completely agree with all of it.

It'd be a lot of time and energy trying to tailor something up for you for free. What I will say is that near universally, adopting a smaller scale of your present diet and making subtle tweaks along the way renders far better long-term results than an abrupt change will, as will prioritizing activity over greatly reducing intake as a means to establish a calorie deficit.

I don't know how overweight you are (or if you're in fact not and just looking to tone up a bit), but being overweight or obese most often boils down to a lack of discipline, if not full-on addiction (one of the most prone to binging, to add), and for the vast majority of those looking to lose, you shouldn't fool yourself into thinking you've magically acquired the discipline to not just scale back your calories a by a couple hundred, but to completely revamp your diet to do so.

Eat what you eat, but less. Think of activity you like to do, and do more of it. Drink plenty of water, too. It's easy for many to confuse thirst with hunger. Incorporating weight training is always a good thing, but unless you're brand, brand new to any sort of weight training or you're severely overweight, you'll be lifting to prevent muscle loss, not to build lean mass while on a deficit.

I want to lose more body fat. I am not over weight. I don't want to be at my certain weight right now. My desire goal is 20-25lbs loss but fat not muscle. So i will be lifting a bit to achieve that. However my diet plans have never been any good. I have done the eat what i eat but eat less and do work out plans tons of time. I have been able to manage my same weight since college. I just want a completely new look. More ripped and toned. I understand trying to lose 20-25lbs right now at my current weight will be tough but I just need to know how to do it in a steady manner. I don't want to lose water weight, I want to lose actual fat so my muscles are more defined. I never been that gym guy so I am not sure how to go about it the right way

So basically what you want is obtaining good definition. Maybe it's sound to hire a personal trainer for a few months to have guidance.

You are not the gym guy but do you like weight lifting? You can buy some cheap second hand equipment and workout at home.

So basically what you want is obtaining good definition. Maybe it's sound to hire a personal trainer for a few months to have guidance.

You are not the gym guy but do you like weight lifting? You can buy some cheap second hand equipment and workout at home.

I meant like I am not a gym rat. I do (did) lift weights in the past. For sports mostly, so I know how to gain muscle MASS but getting definition is another story. I never been cut or learned how to do that.

There are plans everywhere . Even instagram now. I actually did a dirty bulk early last year. Not on purpose I went through really bad depression. But I got back pretty much eating healthy, no junk etc. Looked at a few meal plans, used the online calculators to see where my calories needed to be at etc, I lost Bout 50 pounds a lot of fasted cardio at 5am then lifted heavy in the afternoon. Doesn't happen over night but if you stick to it , you sell see results. Now I lift 4 days a week and fasted cardio 3 days a week. I try to eat good but sometimes I fail whatever lmao

Hey 1tym,

I think j-man gave the best advice; if you want to get leaner and more toned permanently you'll need to find a plan that you'll be comfortable with for a fairly long time. Diet is the biggest factor for losing weight/fat - you will need to be in a calorie deficit, but I would caution against going too extreme. Personally, I don't really notice being hungry when I am in deficit, but I do notice the energy loss. Provided your diet is realtively healthy, smaller portions generally is the best way to go - you can literally weight your meals and just make it 10%-20% lighter. If you are really concerned about losing muscle, maybe cut down carbs (pasta, bread, rice) first over proteins or fats. Alternatively, depending on the size and frequency of your meals (I eat smaller meals more frequently just because I find that satiates me better), you may be able to drop a meal entirely (I don't eat dinner, because I kind of realised I don't really need it in the evenings). You'll also need to be disciplined around eating out and alcohol (which I am not - hence why I still have 15 - 20 lbs of fat I wouldn't mind losing lol).

In terms of exercise, more of a cardio focus will generally burn more calories, although if you want to maintain muscle you'll want to do some resistance too. I actually use a kettlebell, which is great because it involves both HIIT and resistance, and you really only need one piece of equipment at home BUT you can easily injure yourself so I recommend taking it slow and maybe getting one or two training sessions before using it. Alternatively, I used an app called 'Freeletics' which focuses on calisthenics for a while which had great results when I was bigger (it's also HIIT). To be honest, I have learnt with exercise its really down to individual preference - I hate running, so I don't do it (but I enjoy cycling, so I do that on occasion). I have come to love weights (but they can be a pain at home because you end up with a ton of equipment).

Anyway, good luck!

T

Not serious as to get bulk and anything but if anyone can give me some kind of workout/diet plan for my goals then it would be great. I really want to lose some more weight and get defined all around. any suggestions? I rather not pay for programs or anything.

Yoga and Pilates.

Lowering your carb intake, up your protein intake.

LOTS of water (with lemon).

Add hot sauce to your food, it will speed up your metabolism (this is not some old wive's tale, it really does).

Walk two miles each day, fast.

Stair climb.

Did I say drink LOTS of water?

Good luck!

Archived