Ex called me "by mistake"

Long story short: 9 year relationship, got engaged in summer, she broke up with me 3 months ago due to being in LDR and other unresolved issues.

Went full NC after a week of the actual breakup.

2 months later, her mom calls me by mistake.

3 weeks ago, she checks my LinkedIn profile twice in 2 days.

Yesterday, she calls me, I was asleep, when I sent her a text asking what's up? She says by mistake and she's sorry. She said she's been on our WhatsApp conversation and called me by mistake. She also said she's been wondering how I'm doing. My response: I'm good thanks, hope you're good too.

Do you really think she called by mistake? Is she just throwing me breadcrumbs? I think I'm going back to NC.

Thoughts?

gut feeling: Nope, sent you bread crumbs to see whats going on.

Logical Mind - maybe she did make a mistake called.

Logical mind #2: what she doing in your whatsapp convo??????????????????????? and if it's whats app she still has your number saved????????????????????????? (i know you could delete the number and it would still show up without having it in your contact info. but still what she doing in your whatsapp convo?????????????????????????????

Although it could be a mistake, if so, only a subconscious one and she wanted to contact you.

If you are happy, reply, otherwise leave it ended.

I replied saying "I'm good thanks, hope you're good too"... I just don't want any contact from here. It's a bit overwhelming
Excellent response. You kept it simple, 1 sentence, you didn't ask her any questions and you didn't reveal anything about your life other than "I'm good." If she replies again, can you block? If not, tell her to not contact you.
Yeah, I know my reponse was very straight to the point. For now, my logic was (1) don't give her more than she needs to know and (2) don't show anger/resentment by saying "why are you contacting me/please stop contacting me". If she ever contacts me for a friendly checkup once again, I will then tell her to stop it.

It just set me back a bit to hear from her again; the past 3 months have been really challenging and hard. I worked on myself a lot and I feel like a changed person. It just feels weird to hear from her again.

Archived