Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Faith Commitment Action

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by IAmFCA
    Growing an addiction to “crystallized” ginger chips. Ha, crystallized. Just say sugar.

What is the anti-inflammatory property of the ginger in comparison to the ginger itself? Is eating a whole bag a bad idea?
    Unfortunately I think the sugar outweighs the good stuff because isn't sugar inflammatory? I do yogi ginger tea with a little milk and sometimes fake sugar.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Unfortunately I think the sugar outweighs the good stuff because isn't sugar inflammatory? I do yogi ginger tea with a little milk and sometimes fake sugar.
    Surely you're right. I stopped at a reasonably indulgent amount... 😱

Platinum Member
    Surely you're right. I stopped at a reasonably indulgent amount... 😱
    I love ginger chews and remember googling in 2008 during my first trimester how much ginger could increase the risk of a miscarriage ((apparently ginger chews don’t contain that much lol). I do love ginger though! And sugar. And dark chocolate with ginger crystals. Sigh.

Lately had Slush curiosity popping up again. I slow down, I hit the quiet time of nothing nobody just ahhhhhh and I have an urge to fill it with a text out to him, like Greetings from ___ (vaca). What's news in your world?

Whywhywhy I'd like to know. At this point, I feel so different than the me that wanted approval and solace. I always want solace because I am so terribly short of skill at being still... Even so. Maybe when I still myself, I think of him, his couch like Pavlov's lab, so that now stillness = Slush?

Oy. I tested myself last night, imagined in bfs absence could I have a lunch or some such. No, really can't. It's a waste of time that annoys me in its utter lack of purpose. I really enjoy seeing him, for it's own sake, but want so much more interaction from my mate than what he offers me. Even if that were okay it's that feeling of being encircled that I love/hate, rather than safety netted, that I love/love.

Why any thought at all. :I

Sad. Elder teen feels threatened by bf presence in my life. Not about whether he is physically present. By his existence. At all. She recovered from this feeling once before, saying he's very kind etc but somehow his presence gives the impression that they aren't enough. Then bouncing the other way, saying she had been selfish, that isolating others isn't the way. I didn't expect the complete reversal back to threatened. I feel as if I shan't mention his name (in fact I hadn't; my younger teen did), include him ever, not even say that is who I am going out with when I go out, and in fact, then I am not going to say who I am going out with regardless of who it is - women or men alike.

Younger one, in tears last night, secretly. We were telling stories, and then it all stopped when she said bf name. Elder one: "Why was HE there?" Mind you, my female friend was in this story as well, apparently "family time" can exclude a family member and include everyone else except bf.

Younger one didn't get to tell a story. Everyone went to bed.

My bf makes such effort to be attentive from a distance, without imposing. He didn't impose. The sibling who was present had welcomed him his presence. The one who objected was out of town - with her friends and bf.

I just went to bed. I feel a part of me has closed off to her, and I must not do that. All the happiness in our house left with her reaction.

Now, she says she's not threatened.

We are close. It would be good if I unwind myself a bit so that I can be unflappable. The truth is I would eat her alive if I were taking her on. But we haven't divided against each other. I would never do that to her. Also true, she is way out of line, assuming I am imposing on her sib, being off balance because we didn't run everything through her for approval. Also, I get exhausted pretty quickly. I can't stand this stuff.

Anyway. It will be fine eventually. I'm exhausted.

Sigh, all better again.

But where ever did I put my wallet? Why have we not invented vacation from vacation. One day is not enough!

Forgive me.

Recently wondered how a particular woman was a single mom, with kids younger than mine, on an expensive non profit board, in a visible position of social philanthropy, with a knock out figure and large house.

Oh. Recent divorce from a high profile professional.

I feel such pressure, even when I don't sense its presence, to be every archetype. Its no small thing. And it is all such fiction. And it isn't.

I am glad I am me.

I am so unstable lately, as I am pulled closer by my kids and bearing more demands at work and pursuing some personal goals and just am feeling like I am running on the precipice of achievement with one sip of water left in my canteen.

Felt a little ... insecure? About the sustainability of my new thing. It feels so new, but I've dated men who at 4 months would feel stale. Anyway, I contacted slush; it was working on my quiet but hyperactive brain. Exchanged a few texts. Told bf. Hours of convo. Not about slush. Much broader, exploratory, interesting. I like so much that I can turn to him instead of hide. Kind of amazing, really.

Platinum Member
    I am so unstable lately, as I am pulled closer by my kids and bearing more demands at work and pursuing some personal goals and just am feeling like I am running on the precipice of achievement with one sip of water left in my canteen.

Felt a little ... insecure? About the sustainability of my new thing. It feels so new, but I've dated men who at 4 months would feel stale. Anyway, I contacted slush; it was working on my quiet but hyperactive brain. Exchanged a few texts. Told bf. Hours of convo. Not about slush. Much broader, exploratory, interesting. I like so much that I can turn to him instead of hide. Kind of amazing, really.
    He sounds very patient, tolerant and understanding.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice