Hey guys i posted on here before so I am not going to repeat my story . I am still struggling with my breakup. I am still sad and miss him but not nearly as bad as the first couple of months . I have my cousin's wedding to go today. This is going to be romantic setting ,I am going with my sister .

I am happy for my cousin but how do get thru today ?It will make me want cry seeing a wedding and will make me depressed but I have to support my cousin . Do I fake it till I make it ? Please give some me advice ?

Have a stash of tissues handy.

If you feel it coming on, go to the toilets or carpark and let it out...

Recompose and go back in.

If it comes again, rinse and repeat.

Sending You Strength.

Carus*

Several years ago, my relationship was crumbling before my eyes. My fiancé was a horribly abusive person and some really bad things had happened and I knew I had to get out. My cousins wedding was coming up and it was an overnight trip, last minute he decided not to go and he acts like a total lunatic when I left because I didn’t tell him I loved him before I left (because he was an abusive lunatic and I didn’t love him anymore,but I digress.). Anyway I end up going to the wedding with my sister and her husband, and we had a great time. I did cry a little bit during the sentimental times, but knew it was for the best that I had to end it. And you will realize too that your breakup was for the best. Have some wine and have fun with your family. And don’t bring up what’s his name!

@Carus Thank u for replying and sending me strength. I need all the strength because this going to be a hard day for me . I hope the bathrooms are near by because I don't want ppl at the church to stare and think what is wrong with this girl ?

@DaisyMayPorter Thank u for sharing your story and the advice . It sounds like u ended up having alot fun at the wedding . I think I will definitely have alot wine after . I really don't want to cry anymore though, I am exhausted from it .

@smackie9 Thank u I will definitely wear something gorgeous and pretty. I already have it picked out . So I hope my emotions behave .

@Carus Thank u again , you are all giving me more strength and courage to do this. At one point I wanted to chicken out but I knew I could not disappoint my cousin and have to be strong for her day .

Sure, fake it till you make it! Look great, try to have fun.

And you know what else? Feel whatever you feel! If the tears come, excuse yourself for a moment and let them out. That's called being a human, and that is a far stronger and more compelling look than whatever dress you decide on. That's where the sweetness is, even in the sour moments.

When you're feeling bad, just think of it as a lesson. It's a little learning moment. It's you strengthening, not weakening, because you know what? You are going to get through this wedding. You are, you are, you are. And the next day you are going to be even stronger, because you'll have tapped into some strength that was there all the time.

Best of luck!

@bluecastle

Thank u so much , u and everybody. I do get strength from you all whether u realize or not. It may seen something small to the words u tell me but sometimes it gives me the strength to fight thru the pain. I do have friends and family but most if my friends are happy in relationships or happy single for a while , though they try help they don't understand because they forgot the pain of heart break .

Anyways I hope i come out a stronger person thru this .

Sure, fake it till you make it! Look great, try to have fun.

And you know what else? Feel whatever you feel! If the tears come, excuse yourself for a moment and let them out. That's called being a human, and that is a far stronger and more compelling look than whatever dress you decide on. That's where the sweetness is, even in the sour moments.

When you're feeling bad, just think of it as a lesson. It's a little learning moment. It's you strengthening, not weakening, because you know what? You are going to get through this wedding. You are, you are, you are. And the next day you are going to be even stronger, because you'll have tapped into some strength that was there all the time.

Best of luck!

This is a great response. I was just about to frame something on the same lines.

Be what you can be & believe that good times are close on heels.

@Broken77

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I hope good times will come soon for all of us . I wish love didn't have to hurt us .

U all gave me alot strength by being

kind to me and giving me encouragement. Seeing all these posts are making want to cry because ppl I don't know care so much . I better not though I just did my makeup and will have eyeliner and makeup running .I guess it is ok to lose it and cry at the wedding if I think of him because the wedding will remind me of him since I thought he would be my future. I am glad u all told me crying doesn't make me weak but human.

So everybody thanks for all your support yesterady .

I went to the wedding, I had a mixed night I would say . There were moments where I was actually ok and having good time but there were also actually alot times I felt bad . Like seeing my cousin walking down in her wedding dress was hard. I was so happy for her but also sad for me because I thought that should been me and my ex one day . So i did cry and cried several times thru out. But I am glad I was there to support my cousin.

It really helps me write here and get your feed back versus journaling for me . This is such a difficult time for . There is been times when I thought I was moving forward to only take 2 steps back. I am still trying figure why all this happened to me ?

I guess I should take things one day at a time because it hurts when I think of a future and a future without him .so I am going to keep writing here and maybe hopefully one day I will be fully healed and another girl/guy who is going thru this pain will find my posts and it will help her or him.

Archived