How to start a long distance relationship

Alright people, would appreciate any advice on my current situation.

There's this girl that i really like and could see her as a potential wife. I'm 29, she's 28, she lives in another country.

We met 3 yrs ago but nothing happened, then 2 yrs ago connected on Instagram. We've been chatting a bit and exchanging some "likes", then last month i went to her city to visit her. I played the whole thing like it was for work (i have to travel a lot for work), and we spent a very nice day together but again nothing concrete happened to escalate the situation. So i'm kinda stuck. I think she's also interested (she texted me when i came back) but i think she would never leave her country (mostly language barrier) so that's kinda holding her back. Me, I'm not sure, it would be a big risk but i think could move to her country eventually if I'm sure it's worth it.

How should i proceed here?

Start chatting with her more often, make sure there is some attraction there and /or build it up?

Any ideas on how i can make sure she's also interested? Or should i just ask her directly? :)

The whole thing is silly but it's driving me crazy these days....

Thanks in advance for any 2 cents...

First of all you really need to make sure that even it wasn't for her, you would like to move to her country. Would you like to leave yours in general? Can you leave yours? Will you be able to leave friends and family behind and start a new life in another country regardless of her? Do you find that adventurous or does even the thought of it makes you sad and/or anxious?

If you can't see yourself living in another country despite her, then drop it now. I'm saying this because moving for love isn't easy and there is no guarantee that you will stay together even if you make the move. Of course you can always move back, but are you up for that?

That said, I agree with Wiseman. Don't play games, be direct. Since you haven't had any physical contact to confirm that you both like each other in that way, you need to tell her. Then, you can start making plans for more meaningful traveling. You could also suggest a video call. Those are definitely more intimate then texting. You will be able to see her reactions and flirt easier, then take it from there!

Why begin one of the most difficult forms of relationships there is, with a high risk of failure and an extremely costly way of dating, when you're not already invested? Read some articles on marrying someone from another country to get some realistic stories of what others have had to go through.

Local dating is cheaper. You can date at a normal pace. You can regularly see each other weekly. Neither of you has to sacrifice living apart from loved ones. You understand each other better without cultural differences.

Forget the girl. She doesn't seem interested. Go out and ask someone out on a date. A real person. Someone who is actually standing in front of you. Maybe someone from work or someone you know. You'll have a lot more fun.

Archived