Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still vomiting. Close to finishing 2nd Trimester

I’m seeing my doctor tomorrow. I wanted to get opinions first beforehand. Thanks everyone!

Update: I had a lengthy discussion with my doctor and it resulted me asking her straight up, “which is better, medication that doesn’t have hard evidence for birth defects or I deliver an underweight baby?”

We settled on Diclectin and agreed to see how well it works for a few days, or I contact her and get a different prescription. No risk of birth defects, win-win. It is working!! I’m eating and drinking again without any vomiting. I’m not trusting greasy, fried, or fast food (even the smell is extremely unpleasant) but I can at least eat a turkey sandwich without my stomach turning. I can also drink a small glass of milk or orange juice too! It’s seriously amazing.

Thanks for the advice guys!

Originally Posted by Snny
    Update: I had a lengthy discussion with my doctor and it resulted me asking her straight up, “which is better, medication that doesn’t have hard evidence for birth defects or I deliver an underweight baby?”

We settled on Diclectin and agreed to see how well it works for a few days, or I contact her and get a different prescription. No risk of birth defects, win-win. It is working!! I’m eating and drinking again without any vomiting. I’m not trusting greasy, fried, or fast food (even the smell is extremely unpleasant) but I can at least eat a turkey sandwich without my stomach turning. I can also drink a small glass of milk or orange juice too! It’s seriously amazing.

Thanks for the advice guys!
    Something me and my wife had to come to grips with as parents...

Trying to be a perfect parent will not ever work. If you try to put them above everything and neglect yourself you will only hurt them in the end.

You have to stay sane. If you work so hard and stress out trying to do everything perfect you will start to counter your efforts.

If you need a medication to function and eat then if there is a side effect you just weigh the options. There is not a perfect answer.

Underweight baby and miserable mom versus a very small and not totally proven side effect? I would take the small risk.

If mom is miserable baby cannot be doing well.

This gets even more important after they are born.

Best of luck.

I spent a lot of time running and grabbing the trash for my wife. I feel for you.

Yeesh, what a conundrum (to put it mildly). I, personally, would err on the side of caution - Zofran in pregnancy scares me. That being said, I didn't have HG while pregnant - just bad all-day MS the first trimester. So I didn't go through what you are.

Not sure what to tell you, mama, other than do what you think is best.

Don't worry. All women have different mood swings and body changes when they're pregnant. Some experience vomiting till the end of their 2nd trimester. But if you are still confusing then consult with your healthcare professional. He will advise you better than others.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by miracleinsid
    Don't worry. All women have different mood swings and body changes when they're pregnant. Some experience vomiting till the end of their 2nd trimester. But if you are still confusing then consult with your healthcare professional. He will advise you better than others.
    Her baby is almost 5 months old now.

Platinum Member
    I was placed on a medication that had evidence it could cause issues with the infant because I went into pre-term labor at only 22 weeks pregnant.

I was able to carry my baby to 37 weeks. So we did OK.

My doctor concluded the risk of giving birth at 22 weeks and having a baby with underdeveloped lungs, extremely low birth weight, etc. was greater than the chance of birth defects.

My child is doing well (adult child now!). There was some minimal effects on his central nervous system but he is intelligent and happy and a productive member of society with a good career.

I am happy things are better for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice