Resignation but fearful

I have decided to hand in my resignation to one of my departments at work. ( I work for 3 departments). I have decided this because it no longer adds anything to my life but stress . My boss in that department is very ineffective and after about five conversations nothing has changed . She is very ageist and unfair .

Even though I have decided to do this there is still a bit of fear . All my work in all three departments is contract . And there have been times when some hours have been very scarce which is why I took on working for the third department .

I still think I need to make the plunge though . I plan to write a gracious resignation letter and give her a month’s notice .

I know she loves to give people parties when they leave because she did that with my friend even though my friend didn’t want to be there. She told her she didn’t want to be there . I told her she didn’t want to be there but she still forced the party upon this person. But I don’t want any false bull for myself . Which is all it would be . So I don’t know if my graciousness would take it that far .

I could try but she is the kind to jump and giggle and clap her hands at any opportunity for a “ party.” When I told her my best friend did not want a retirement party she pouted and said , but that is what I do. And I said but her retirement isn’t about you. And she said, but it is what I do and I am going to do it . I rolled my eyes and she went to all our co workers to ask for gift ideas from people who know my best friend like they know Adam.

Oh gosh... well try it (or any other suggestion you may get) but be prepared to grin and bear it. I don't like the fanfare and fuss either but once I'm in the midst of it, it often is a lot more fun then I thought it was going to be.

Hahaha, the only good part would be hubby would be there and one other person in that dept I like. Everyone else, meh.

Your boss gives going away parties for contract laborers even though you will still be working for other departments in the company? Seems a bit strange. Can you go to her boss to resign or discuss things? Could she ruin your other two contracts out of revenge? I would be careful.

Your boss gives going away parties for contract laborers even though you will still be working for other departments in the company? Seems a bit strange. Can you go to her boss to resign or discuss things? Could she ruin your other two contracts out of revenge? I would be careful.

Nope. She can’t . The place is so desperate for workers it is insane. Not strange at all. I have been there 5 years. We are a very tight knit close military community.

Sounds like she likes to throw parties for her, not for the person who is leaving. She just wants to be the one who throws a party....insert participant A, B, or C.

If it's this close knit of a group, let her throw her party. Eat some cake, say thanks, and move on. If it was a job you were leaving, never to see these people again, I'd say to be firm with your resolve not to have the party. But in this case....ugh, she just wants to have a party. All about her. Ugh.

In any event, congrats on your decision. Sounds like a sound one.

Archived