Incels

jesus83

As a lot of you have heard about the latest terrorist attack in Toronto. The suspect is identified as an incel. Short for involuntarily celebate.

I don't personally know anyone who identifies as such. Is there anyone here who identifies as or know anyone who foots/fits the bill?

I ask because I wish to know what it is that makes these guys so undesirable. As many of you have seen the suspect's pic, he does not look objectively unattractive.

Share whatever it is you know, but please keep the bashing to a low.

There have been lots of those types posting in various forums. Even though these posters haven't identified themselves as an Incel, you can tell by their attitudes about their failure with women and finding friends in general that they are angry men who blame women for all of their woes in life.

Obviously, this man had mental issues that go further then what any of us know by his picture.

I ask because I wish to know what it is that makes these guys so undesirable. As many of you have seen the suspect's pic, he does not look objectively unattractive.

This has got nothing to do with their looks. What makes them so undesirable is their lousy attitude to life, to people, to women etc. Like ThatwasThen said: "you can tell by their attitudes about their failure with women and finding friends in general that they are angry men who blame women for all of their woes in life."

THAT is what makes them so undesirable, imo.

This guy has Aspergers, and communicated with people meowing like a cat, hissing, pretend to lick his paws, etc. He would cower, hide, scurry away when in contact with a girl, never to make eye contact. This is how his fellow high school students remember him by. He was a weirdo. I'm sure he was picked on, etc. He was influenced by these Incel forums that he was lonely and sad because of women and their unfair attitude towards him and guys like him. Not even accounting the fact he has a mental disorder, he decided to run over people. Yes there was a male or two, not sure of the count, but his intention was to kill as many women as he could..

This guy has Aspergers, and communicated with people meowing like a cat, hissing, pretend to lick his paws, etc. He would cower, hide, scurry away when in contact with a girl, never to make eye contact. This is how his fellow high school students remember him by. He was a weirdo. I'm sure he was picked on, etc. He was influenced by these Incel forums that he was lonely and sad because of women and their unfair attitude towards him and guys like him. Not even accounting the fact he has a mental disorder, he decided to run over people. Yes there was a male or two, not sure of the count, but his intention was to kill as many women as he could..

Aspergers does not cause people to kill people let me clear. My son has Aspergers and wouldn’t hurt a fly . It is how people treat people with autism that causes mental illness . Believe me I can tell you the autistic community is totally up in arms about this because they are going to be blamed once again . Autistic people are repeatedly treated like total crap and abused by their families by their parents by society and it causes mental illness which can cause killings but having autism does not cause people to kill people . I really want to make that clear . So let’s not blame autism please. Let’s blame crappy society and how it abuses people .

This is what Aspergers Ontario has sent to the media:

In the wake of shocking events like the one that took place this week in Toronto, it is human nature to search for answers to help us understand the senselessness of these acts. Rationalizing the horrific actions of others can somehow make them easier for us to comprehend.

As investigators search for motives, some media reports suggest that the suspect in the attack has an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). We urge those reporting on this tragic event to use their articles for education, including the criteria for diagnosis, challenges faced, and opportunities for the future. At the same time, we urge media looking to rationalize what has happened to not suggest or imply any linkage between autism and violence in any way. An autism diagnosis does not explain this inconceivable act of violence.

We know that speculation and misinformation about autism has hurtful and lasting consequences. In particular, when people associate autism with violence, it significantly and negatively impacts our community, not just today or while a tragic event is fresh in our minds, but well into the future.

The message the ASO wants readers and media consumers to understand is that there is no scientific evidence linking ASD with homicides or other violent crimes. While the behaviours that characterize autism can create challenges in day-to-day life (such as difficulty socializing or coping with change in their environment), there is no scientific evidence of a link between autism and the perpetration of bullying, harassment, or extreme violent acts. In fact, studies indicate that people on the autism spectrum are far more likely to be the victims of these behaviours than perpetrators.

Recent research suggests that the incidence of ASD is now 1 in 66 among children and youth in Canada. The repetition of damaging stereotypes is evidence that more needs to be done to address the myths and stigma about ASD, and at the same time create a culture of inclusion and understanding of the challenges they face, as well as awareness of the many strengths and positive attributes that individuals with ASD possess.

The Asperger’s Society of Ontario hopes all of the families and individuals affected by the tragic events that took place in Toronto on April 23rd find strength, healing, and peace in the days ahead.

I didn't hear about this stuff yet. Was pretty busy yesterday.

Whether it is autism, homosexuality, or just being different.

It is pretty easy to break someone who is constantly bullied and teased for being inherently themselves.

As far are incels...

There is a lot of hateful anti female rhetoric.

I have seen some things that blow my mind. I've seen an online petition for the government to supply all sexually active males with a federally appointed female. It stunned me for a few.

I feel that males who has antisocial behavior with no truly diagnosable issue make up the bulk of these people.

When I was in college I actually met a lot, they even had a fairly large social group. I would join their study groups because they invited me and were helpful and our classes were hard so we all banded together.

60% of these guys were not even unattractive. They were however all terrified of woman.

Being near a woman would seriously terrify them badly. As history only too well shows us, people terrified of something often fixate all their hate towards that fear.

So that some people in that group have something that snaps in them throughout life and causes them to become homicidal isn't that surprising.

The problem with asking "what makes these guys so undesirable?" is that it (unintentionally on the OPs part I believe) continue to put the responsibility for these people's misery and, when things like this happen, their violent actions on external factor rather then placing the responsibility on themselves.

My guess is that there are a variety of factors that vary from person to person in this "incel" community. But from what I have seen, generally,they enjoy being miserable. Imagin if itstead of complaining at their key boards some of these guys got together and said "You know what? We are going to support each other in getting mental healthy and making positive changes in out lives!"

Millennial issue. I believe this generation feels entitled and expects instant satisfaction.

A woman possibly rejected him leading him hating women in general. It's what happened with the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger that killed women around here. Seems like the Man from Toronto praised him.

I really want to make that clear . So let’s not blame autism please. Let’s blame crappy society and how it abuses people .

That is what his classmates had stated that he never acted out violently, and were confused by his actions. LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR I never meant being aspie was the cause or it promotes violence ( I know people who have the condition and well aware what Asperger is). I stated it as, with his condition (I believe there is more to his condition), the frustrations he has had, and the influence of this Incel group, made him more vulnerable than most. I believe this group takes advantage of men in his position because they are very vulnerable...and him having a mental condition, with his social anxiety, etc made it easy to fall into that perception that women are the cause of his issues.

I think everyone is being a little PC. It's just a discussion to bring up his background. No one is blaming people who have the condition, or to be on alert for others who have it. I haven't seen anything in the media even stating that having the condition is prone to acts of violence...in fact quite the opposite has been stated.

What most people are feeling is that they are so baffled he would do such a thing, and how frightening it is that this INCEL group has that much influence over someone who wouldn't hurt a fly, never exhibited violence or had any idea how drive.

Thank you.

I should clarify, I'm familiar with red pill and MAGTW. I've read some nasty comments about women, that can be seen on the YouTube video comment section, however I've never seen anything there that says incelI. That being said I don't know what's going on behind the computer screen. Again I don't know anyone IRL who's into stuff like that.

Was the term coined in the wake of Elliot Roger?

Thank you.

I should clarify, I'm familiar with red pill and MAGTW. I've read some nasty comments about women, that can be seen on the YouTube video comment section, however I've never seen anything there that says incelI. That being said I don't know what's going on behind the computer screen. Again I don't know anyone IRL who's into stuff like that.

Was the term coined in the wake of Elliot Roger?

I was reading an article today, apparently the term has been around since the 90's and was actually started by a woman who was an "incel".

That is what his classmates had stated that he never acted out violently, and were confused by his actions. LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR I never meant being aspie was the cause or it promotes violence ( I know people who have the condition and well aware what Asperger is). I stated it as, with his condition (I believe there is more to his condition), the frustrations he has had, and the influence of this Incel group, made him more vulnerable than most. I believe this group takes advantage of men in his position because they are very vulnerable...and him having a mental condition, with his social anxiety, etc made it easy to fall into that perception that women are the cause of his issues.

I think everyone is being a little PC. It's just a discussion to bring up his background. No one is blaming people who have the condition, or to be on alert for others who have it. I haven't seen anything in the media even stating that having the condition is prone to acts of violence...in fact quite the opposite has been stated.

What most people are feeling is that they are so baffled he would do such a thing, and how frightening it is that this INCEL group has that much influence over someone who wouldn't hurt a fly, never exhibited violence or had any idea how drive.

My perception is that of a parent who has raised an Apsie individual and watched society treat him like dog poop because of the way he was born. Most people all the have to hear is autism and violence in the same sentence and they are off to the races. That is my perspective. People can call it PC but it mine and my son’s LIFE and we get faced with stereotypes ALL THE TIME.

Anyone with any kind of condition or is socially awkward will get picked on...it's part of life. I know I was. BUT instead of being bitter and upset about it, I embraced change and the opportunity to help those who don't understand, understand. That's why a lot of us are on here. Lend some support and advice to those who struggle. On the positive side, I believe this incident will help give change, and promote open dialog for those who do have challenges. Things will always have a rough start, but will eventually smooth out and bring a brighter future.

Anyone with any kind of condition or is socially awkward will get picked on...it's part of life. I know I was. BUT instead of being bitter and upset about it, I embraced change and the opportunity to help those who don't understand, understand. That's why a lot of us are on here. Lend some support and advice to those who struggle. On the positive side, I believe this incident will help give change, and promote open dialog for those who do have challenges. Things will always have a rough start, but will eventually smooth out and bring a brighter future.

I am not bitter. I am advocate for my child, a very strong one . My son was more than bullied. He was physically assaulted at least 10 times in grade school because he was “ different “ . We are talking black eyes, swarmings, scars. I don’t consider discussing violence and a condition in the same breath fosters education.

Archived