This is his first relationship

jnr586

35-year-old gay man here. I met an amazing guy about a month ago. Since the first date things have clicked really well. I know it's early but I think I'm falling in love with him and I think he's falling in love with me. I've had a few relationships so far, and the connection in this one feels much deeper and authentic. I'm very comfortable with him, he makes me feel safe, we seem to communicate well and openly, etc.

I admittedly have had a little anxiety about this not working out and getting hurt. He's given me zero reason to feel this way and I've accepted that a lot of that is in my head and I think I've had enough relationship and life experience to keep my head in the game and live in the present.

My question is this- he's 28, he's been out for a couple of years, but he's never been in a serious relationship before and he said he's never been in love before. I've had a number of guys for whom I've had unreciprocated feelings for, and I've also been in relationships (with men and women) that were ultimately unfulfilling for me, so this is shaping up to be the first relationship that I've been in in which we both seem quite into each other. And honestly, when I was 28 I was still very, very deep in the closet.

Should I be worried or restrained regarding his relationship inexperience? So far he's been very open, communicative, and sincere.

There is a first time for everything right? What you are feeling is perfectly normal. This what it's like when you fall in love...anxiety of losing the person because they make you feel so wonderful. Life wouldn't be life if we didn't take risks right? Sit back, communicate, enjoy!

Archived