Gotta love it...not

jennylove

I cannot get over my family dysfunction brought on by my dad and stepmom. The latest...

They went to my stemom's sister's house for Easter. The sister's name is Mary. My stepmom's has 4 siblings including Mary. And each of her siblings have 1-2 kids, my step moms nieces and nephews. In addition, 2 of her nieces have 3 kids each and they are both married also. All of these people attended Mary's Easter. My stepmom and dad were the only people there who didn't have kids or grandkids.

Apparently, my stepmom, Mary, and her other sister were cooking up a storm on Easter. When stepmom walked into the dining room, she saw her 2 married nieces and their husbands sitting at the table talking and eating chips. My stepmom became upset because she felt like they should've been helping in the kitchen, "afterall, they have the biggest family out of everyone and I just don't think it's right that I was helping to cook for everyone, but I only had me and my husband there." Now she's decided that she's going to limit how many holidays she spends with her family. And she isn't going to do much cooking if she does attend.

I mean, really? Is it really worth it? Life is too short.

I agree that her nieces should've offered to help.but they didn't. Instead of being passive-aggressive by pouting and talking behind their back to Mary, she should've asked them to help. But no. And now she's going to limit her holidays with them is pretty dramatic over something so minute.

Interestingly, my mother was in a similar situation at her sister's house during Christmas 2 years ago. My mom was the only solo person there, but she did most of the cooking. But She was happy to give her family a break from cooking, she was happy they got to relax and eat well since they are always so busy with their large families.

Archived