Does this Girl like me?

So, I am 16 years old guy, and of course knowledge come with age, therefore I am not very knowledgable about this sort of thing. I am trying to figure out if this girl likes me or not, because in my eyes, she has been flirtacious with me, and I have asked friend and they think so too. But they also have limited knowledge. This girl, although I am probably just being dramatic, seems so perfect to me, through my own eyes, and out of the 2 legitimate girlfriends I have had, I can see a future with this girl, I have not seen or imagined a future with the 2 other girls.

Some of the signs she might like me that I have seen consist of basic stuff, like laughing at my jokes in particular to others, sometimes I catch her staring at me in class, and more explicit things like photos she sends me.

Lets call the girl “SK” so I don’t have to keep saying “this girl”. So more info, SK is in my class and we mostly only see each other in school and we are good friends, almost close friends. All of my class are friends, so we all know who’s who, although of course, there is always the slight gender group segregation. My routine is wake up, go to school, come home on the bus, do some fitness sh*t, then talk to people, the people I mainly talk to are my best friend, my cousin, and SK. By far SK and I talk the most, I have the longest instagram thread with SK, unbelievably long compared to the time we started talking on instagram, which was only a few months ago.

My cousin (who is a girl, and is friends with SK) thinks that SK likes me but is too afraid to tell me because she might feel embarrassed or judged badly by the other girls in the class. But my cousin also has a side thoery that this girl might be looking for my attention, but not my love.

I would love some advice or input in this matter. And if someone replies and wants to help, I am happy to talk into more depth and detail about the flirting and what’s been going on. Although I have written a lot, thats not even the half of it, and not even the more detailed half.

Since you are already talking and friendly, ask her to go do something together after school or on weekends.

My routine is wake up, go to school, come home on the bus, do some fitness sh*t, then talk to people, the people I mainly talk to are my best friend, my cousin, and SK.
What sort of photos does she send you, OP?

It seems she does like you, but I would be curious to hear the answer to the above question before speculating further.

Hey, thanks for your help and interest. Before I started talking to her in Instagram a few months ago, we talked on Snapchat, heaps, almost every day, for a couple months. At that time I didn’t think or observe much of her being flirtacious towards me, bad once again, we had the biggest thread together. We would message by writting on the photos we sent. She is a self-consious girl, for no reason, because she is the best looking girl in class. On more than 1 occasion, we would be chatting, and she would send “brb in 10, gtg have a shower!” Then when she had finished she would send a selfie (which she didn’t even do normally) and she would only be wearing a towel. The towel was small and ended halfway down her thighs, sorry if thats creepy, I have an uncanny memory for detail. She did this on 2 occasions. I asked my cousin is SK sent her photos like that mid-conversation, and she said “No, it isn’t common for SK to send selfies to people, and she never send me photos like that.”

More recently, we would be talking in instagram and she would randomly try on dresses and ask me how they looked, also sending me pictures of her in the dresses. She looked amazing in every dress she sent me, but thats just my opinion. Of course I would reply with something cheesy like “that looks amazing!” Or “that looks really good on you!”. My cousin and I are the only people she send photos of her dresses, I think it is either because I have been so deeply friend zoned, She feels confortable doing that around me, like a brother or something, or she likes me.

Sorry I am giving you heaps to read, I like to be thourough. I would appreciate any further opinions and/or advise. I have other examples of in person flirting.

Since you are already talking and friendly, ask her to go do something together after school or on weekends.

I think that is a good idea, but I know that SK knows I like her, through secret conversation with my cousin. I am currently organising her 16th Bday party, I am planning on showing her some of my more appealing male qualities, like the way I dress, I live my guardian, who is a 43 years old single woman, she know what the fashion is all the time and so I always look pretty good in the clothes I wear, I am not extremely confident, I don’t like to talk about mysef and how great I am, I am just relaying what other people have told me. I would love to hang out with her outside school, but my schedule is busier than it probably should be for someone my age. I might try to organise a movie and/or lunch thing as a sort of double date with my best friend. He is with a girl that had a huge crush on me, but I didn’t like her the same, and I hooked her up with my bestie a few days ago. I could try doing a double date type thingy with him and I am afraid it might damage SK and I’s friendship if I go for a move like that and find out she doesn’t like me.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try!

I planned to go to the movies next weekend with my best friend, his girlfriend and my cousin that helps me with SK. SK and I have never really hung out outside of school before, so I thought, because I lack the confidence to ask her out alone, I could invite her to the movies with the group and I. What do you think?

Good plan. It's a step in the right direction to ask her out and do something outside of school. Also going with a group eases some of the awkwardness for both of you. It's a good stepping stone to eventually asking her out one-on-one. Have fun!

I could invite her to the movies with the group and I. What do you think?

when you get older you will see. Man up young one go for the kill and just ask her out. Going to the movies I guess its a good choice for your age and its a start...... I remember those days.... I wanna go back... Hahaha

when you get older you will see. Man up young one go for the kill and just ask her out. Going to the movies I guess its a good choice for your age and its a start...... I remember those days.... I wanna go back... Hahaha

I understand completely what you are saying, but I lack the confidence to do that, I have a lot of anxiety about this sort of thing. I used to be bullied and that lead to me being socially awkward, I have grown to be a pretty confident person through the help of family and friends but I still have that slight trauma weighing me down, telling me bad things will happen. I will get there one day, I know I will, but I will need to work on that in time.

I do think she likes you.

Friendzone. I don’t like using that word, but in your case, as in most, you are doing the friendzone thing by not making any move. I know it’s hard, but if you continue just receiving photos and any type of flirting behavior and not acting on it, at some point she will lose interest and indeed consider you a friend. She is most likely on the other side wondering why you haven’t made any move yet.

Go for it! The worst thing that could happen is she rejects you, but at least you’ll know. Right now you want something and you are holding yourself back because you are most likely afraid to lose what you already have, but do you really want what you already have? Does it make you happy?

The risk of trying versus the risk of staying the same. Each one is a choice. Each carries risks.

If we want a new reward, we must be willing to try a new course of action.

**IMPORTANT** By trying something new, we build new skills and become new people This is how we grow. Make growth your reward and you can not fail .

In other words: Try for this woman. You succeed no matter what happens because you are learning something new. If she responds as you hope she will, that's a bonus.

Why haven't you asked her out yet? Either with a group or alone? If you stay stalled out you'll never know if she likes you.

Recently, my friend has been giving me advice, telling me to be more confident around her, but what I find is that when I am talking to literally anyone other than her, I can talk heaps, but with her I just can't think of anything to say because I am afraid I will say something stupid. But she asks the exact same around me, she is usually very chatty with everyone else, but when she is near me she is quiet. I have been trying to act on my friends advice and try to talk to her more in person instead of online, but I am finding it hard, I did however try at a party the other day, and then more at school, but same thing, chatty with everyone, I walk near, quiet.

I am definitely asking to the movies, that's about the only thing I am confident about, I am only waiting for the website to update the schedule so I can find a good movie.

We were talking on Instagram and we had just started a convo, I asked her what she was up to and she replied that she was just arriving back home. I asked where she went and she said she was at a "youth meeting", a christian thing, since the school I go to is Christian. SK then continues to say I should come sometime and then she invited me. The next day, it was morning and I was texting her again and I asked what she was up to, she said she was heading to church, then once again she continued to say I should come sometime, and she invited me. I did say yes to both, and said I would be keen to do them, and she seems to give a bit, excited replies, weirdly more excited then she usually does. I don't know if she is inviting me to these thing because she wants to spend more time around me or if it is just her wanting to install her passion of God and Christianity into me.

I went to a small local festival with my best friend last night, and invited her to come with me earlier that day, that is the first time I asked her to come with me to something, she said she would love to but her 2 bigger sisters were only over for the rest of that day, and of course I understand why she wants to spend as much time as possible with them, because they live 1000kms away. I will ask her to the movies in person at school, I also thought after the movies we could all get milkshakes from the best milkshake place in town, the best milkshake place in Australia. I already know that she knows I like her, as I am in a gossip loop with some of the other girls in the class, but I don't really know what to do now if she knows what my feelings are, other than asking her out, spending more time with her and being more confident around her, I don't know what else to do. A few different girls in the class thinks she likes me but say she never talks about crushes or anything, just a little bit of what she likes about a guy. And most of them seem to correlate with my physical traits.

Why haven't you asked her out yet? Either with a group or alone? If you stay stalled out you'll never know if she likes you.

I asked her to the movies, and she said yes. I will try not to get my hopes up too much just in case she turns out to not like me, but I will hopefully find out soon. she seemed really excited, it might just be because it is a movie she really wants to watch.

I asked her to the movies, and she said yes. I will try not to get my hopes up too much just in case she turns out to not like me, but I will hopefully find out soon. she seemed really excited, it might just be because it is a movie she really wants to watch.

No duck539. She is excited that you asked her out. No duck539 its not because she wants to see a particular movie. It is because you are going with her. I would not worry to much about impressing this girl because she is already impressed and said yes to you to spending more time together. Don't know if you are going with other friends or not but this is the first step my man. Don't get nervous just be yourself. Show her you the real you. You have to learn if she likes you for you then it could work until life hits you. If she doesn't like who you are then you don't really want to be with that person either. Either way good job. Enjoy the time and stop worrying about what could happen or worrying stupid things about impressing her. Just show her who you are, enjoy the moment, give good memories being with you and I bet tjings will work out. Again enjoy the moments with her because that's all we have to remember anyways. Series of moments and its up to you to create happy moments or not so happy moments.

Thanks, this has really boosted my confidence. The original plan for the movies was a group of 5, my best friend and his girlfriend, my cousin (basically my second best friend), the girl I like and me. My bestfriends gf’s dad is strict, he doesnt know she has a boyfriend, so in order for her to come to the movie, she has to go to SK’s house, then she would go to my cousins house and we would all meet up at the cinema. SK however, recently thought of this like she was being used by my friends gf, and the gf didnt even want to spend time with SK, which is not true at all. So SK told me “I don’t think I will be able to make it.”, i got really sad about it, thinking it was because of me, but then found out it was because SK thought she was being used. So the movies was cancelled, because my friends gf has no way of getting there, and me friend said its not really worth going to the movies without her. But secretly, SK is going to my cousins to do some stuff at the beach, and they are going to see a movie together, my cousin is gonna ask SK if she minds that I come along. I have decided that if I try and our friendship doesnt go further after her birthday in 3 weeks, I am going to give up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

After a fair amount of investigation through information gathered by friends, I have discovered a possible reason to her flirtatious behavior and her behavior towards me in general. Upon talking to one of my friends, I found out I am the only real guy friend this girl has ever gotten close to. I think she only felt so comfortable around me and sharing things with me like pictures because I am one of the closest friends she has and she feels safe around me maybe. This is currently the only thing I can think of for why she acted these ways towards me, I was in the friend zone when I started and didn't even realize it. I am so deep in the friend zone, she feels comfortable asking me how a dress looks, or how she looks on a certain day, I am the guy she goes to when she is feeling bad because she knows I am a good person and will help with anything. But there is one thing I had trouble understanding. When I first started texting her every day, she got a boyfriend pretty quick, and this dude is super chill. But I didn't know him at the time but did know he was her boyfriend. He randomly friended me one day and naturally I was like "Why would he friend me?" and then I thought "Oh i get it, this guy you don't know texts your girlfriend every day, of course he would want to be curious and make sure I can clearly see he is in a relationship with her. Him and I are good friends now and they are long broken up due to distance issues, so a couple months ago, I asked him "Why did you friend me ages ago back when you were with SK?" and he said "She told me to friend you, apparently so I could be made known to you, so you would know I was there." and he also said "Honestly I really didn't mind at all, I am pretty chill.". So I got to thinking "What are the main reasons she could have for doing this and which one seems more likely?". I then made a conclusion to 2 possible reasons. 1. She wanted to send me a message that she had a boyfriend and wasn't interested in me, or 2. She told him to friend me to make me jealous for some reason. I still don't know which I should believe and would like a second opinion. A while ago I talked to one of the girls in my class about some of my aspects the girls didn't like about me, and she said I was a bit too serious about stuff that really mattered to me, so I was putting off a not bad but not good vibe. She said maybe SK liked me but was too afraid to admit it due to fear of embarrassment and being judged by her friends. This girl is one of the most complicated girls I have ever met, and everyone I talk to about it, including her friend, say the same thing. There are so many factors that could point out whether or not she likes me of I am just the closest friend she has got. At the start I thought "She has to like me" after she sent photos of her after a shower legit just wearing a towel and nothing else on 3 different occasions. I get that it might have just been a photo, but she usually sent my pics of her legs or her shoulder though snap chat conversations, and she is very self conscious and almost never sent pics of her face. The getting confused when she would send me pictures of every dress she got, only me, my cousin one or twice but I got more than a dozen. I honestly don't mind if this girl likes me or not, I am just sick of having to think about the small line between what is appropriate to send to a close friend or someone she likes. I am attracted to mystery, which might be why I like her so much, but when it gets to the point that I am losing hours of sleep having anxiety and feeling sad that I am not good enough I need to figure sh*t out, I am losing my mind and I don't know who else to ask.

I think it would be best for you to put some physical and emotional distance between you and this girl. It's not going to be easy because you're obviously so wrapped up in this situation but you need to do it for your own well being. Start hanging out with other friends, go to the gym, find a hobby you can lose yourself in.

After a few months you'll start to feel more like yourself and hopefully have a clearer picture of the situation. Stop reaching out to her, stop making her a priority. She's found another guy and you're just offering yourself up as a safety net or comfort blanket. Don't be a jerk to her, but make it clear that you no longer have time to be her surrogate girlfriend and have better things to do. Stop being her text buddy.

She'll definitely be wondering where you went and what you've been doing. At some point down the road she might split up with the bf and there is a good chance she will reach out to you. If this happens, don't make the mistake of repeating the same 'super best buddy' behaviour or you'll put yourself back in the friendzone.

Be patient and work on yourself.

*edit*

Sorry, I missed the part where her and the bf have broken up. My advice still stands, put some distance between you and work on yourself. After a few weeks or months, when she starts calling you, ask her out.

OK so the whole picture-sending thing could definitely mean she likes you, however, I remember sending various changing room pics of me trying on jeans or shoes to numerous guys after my breakup, one cos id lost tonnes of stress weight due to my ex and two cos I loved the attention! how often does she start the conversation?

I think it would be best for you to put some physical and emotional distance between you and this girl. It's not going to be easy because you're obviously so wrapped up in this situation but you need to do it for your own well being. Start hanging out with other friends, go to the gym, find a hobby you can lose yourself in.

After a few months you'll start to feel more like yourself and hopefully have a clearer picture of the situation. Stop reaching out to her, stop making her a priority. She's found another guy and you're just offering yourself up as a safety net or comfort blanket. Don't be a jerk to her, but make it clear that you no longer have time to be her surrogate girlfriend and have better things to do. Stop being her text buddy.

She'll definitely be wondering where you went and what you've been doing. At some point down the road she might split up with the bf and there is a good chance she will reach out to you. If this happens, don't make the mistake of repeating the same 'super best buddy' behaviour or you'll put yourself back in the friendzone.

Be patient and work on yourself.

*edit*

Sorry, I missed the part where her and the bf have broken up. My advice still stands, put some distance between you and work on yourself. After a few weeks or months, when she starts calling you, ask her out.

I have started doing this, I will probably only see where it goes in a few months but already she is acting differently. Either way, I don’t want to be her best guy friend, she will either want me, or not, and I am fine woth either. Obviously I really liked her, or really like her, but I am not going to continue being used if I don’t have any gain. I know I would make a great boyfriend, but I guess I am just too nice to be a boyfriend.

OK so the whole picture-sending thing could definitely mean she likes you, however, I remember sending various changing room pics of me trying on jeans or shoes to numerous guys after my breakup, one cos id lost tonnes of stress weight due to my ex and two cos I loved the attention! how often does she start the conversation?

She has been starting them more often now but I was only surprised and confused with the photos because she is usually shy and very self-concious about her appearence. In the time I have known her, she hasn’t ever really hit a physical milestone like losing a bunch of weight. She could feel comfortable with me enough for her to trust my word about her look but like what I said before, I am probably too nice a guy to be boyfriend material. It seems like these days only the a**holes get the girls, it is very sad, but if the only way I am going to get a girlfriend is by being a c*ckhead to girls, i guess I will be single for the rest of my life.

Archived