8 months pregnant with my first child and terrified that she won’t get the famil

JennyBear

Hi all

I’m writing to hopefully get some feed back on some issues I’ve been struggling with. I’ve been with my spouse for almost 10 years and I love him more then life itself. We have gone through absolute hell but have always come out stronger. But, now that we have a baby on the way I feel as though he has emotionally checked out and I don’t wanna do this on my own. I truly believe he is scared and doesn’t know how to deal but I also want a healthy and stable family for my child. I want to lead by example. Any suggestions?

It's hard to give you any advice without more information. Your husband may be in shock with a baby coming, worried about you, worried about the baby, maybe even worried about himself. You're being bombarded with hormones, you're uncomfortable, and you've probably stopped having sex, so you're lacking intimacy with your husband, and it's difficult to know if you're just panicking or what. Just hang on, get through this, and hopefully you both will be able to adapt to the new normal that includes you two and your baby.

When you say he is emotionally detached, are you talking about him no longer wanting to be in the marriage or that he isn’t excited about the upcoming baby??

You saying you “don’t want to do this on your own”... it’s too late to terminate the pregnancy, but there is adoption. You still have to go with it.

I hate to assume because there isn’t enough information, but it sounds like you guys maybe having jitters with a new baby coming? I’m 5 months pregnant with my first and have been with my husband for 14 years, and even though we are happy to become parents we are nervous about it too. Having a baby WILL change your relationship dynamic and lifestyle. Basically what I’m saying is that these jitters are normal... especially when you are so close to the end of your pregnancy.

Please try talking with your husband. Take a day to spend with him. Unfortunately you can’t go on any getaway trips, but go out to eat locally, take a walk together, or go see a movie.

Hi all

I’m writing to hopefully get some feed back on some issues I’ve been struggling with. I’ve been with my spouse for almost 10 years and I love him more then life itself. We have gone through absolute hell but have always come out stronger. But, now that we have a baby on the way I feel as though he has emotionally checked out and I don’t wanna do this on my own. I truly believe he is scared and doesn’t know how to deal but I also want a healthy and stable family for my child. I want to lead by example. Any suggestions?

Talk to him about all the fears you have. Becoming a parent is scary as hell. Let him know he isn't the only one a little freaked out. If he says some things you dont like or agree with don't make him feel bad. You don't have to feel the same way or even completely understand his feelings but you should respect the way he feels. Allow him the opportunity to feel comfortable enough to open up to you.

Good luck!

Archived