I cannot let go of a man I am with. He is emotionally unavailable. He is an alcoholic. Need I say more. I DONT want to be in the relationship as I know how bad it is for me, I can’t seem to stop contacting him. Of course a small part of me cares, but I know it is not good. I really have tried to have no contact however, cannot seem to do it. I block him then unblock him. I turn off phone. I text friends instead. I journal etc etc etc.. it just goes back to me reaching out to him or valise versa. Hellpppppp!!!!!

It's emotional dependency rather than love. You need someone, so your high school friend popped up and it was convenient at the time. But you have no other prospects so you can't let go. You know you should block him and not contact him. I hope you can get the strength to move on.

I want so badly. I guess it’s a process. I keep humiliating myself because I’m contacting him to just tell him what a jerk he is. I’m looking for him tonacknowlege my feelings and the part he played in this. He isn’t healthy enough to give that to me. But I still keep trying. Ugh!!!

The more he sees you care, the less he is going to care about you. I know that sounds really backwards but that’s how it works. He has to see that he can’t always have u when he wants and that’ll make him straighten up a bit. he may never be emotionally available if u won’t show him u will walk away.

Archived